Chapter 15

Chapter Warnings: mild het, mild slash

'''''''''''''''''''''

The Veela Enigma

Chapter 15: Absolut Chaos

'''''''''''''''''''

Harry ran through the halls of Hogwart's, barely noticing where he was going. The corridors were cold and he still wasn't wearing a shirt, but the heat in his body fueled by his running and his tumultuous feelings kept him burning. He ran, and ran, and he didn't stop until he found himself in an unfamiliar section of the castle that appeared to be empty.

Harry finally paused to catch his breath, and leaned against the stone wall, the coolness of the stones a welcome sensation against his burning skin.

A million mixed emotions were flowing through him, the most notable an aching mix of hurt and foolishness and betrayal. Why had Draco done that to him? Why? And why hadn't he listened to Draco when he said to get out?

Harry slid down the wall and sat on the cold floor, tilting his head backwards until it rested against the stones and closing his eyes. He heard approaching footsteps and he prayed that whoever it was would just leave him the hell alone.

"Harry? Is that you?"

Harry recognized that voice, and slowly opened his eyes. It was Cho, who was looking down at him with concern.

"Cho," Harry began weakly. "What are you doing here?"

Cho smiled. "I could ask you the same question." At Harry puzzled look, she gestured down the corridor. "This is Ravenclaw territory. Our common room's not far from here. Bit out of the way for a Gryffindor like yourself, isn't it?"

Harry shrugged. "Guess so." He began to push himself up. "Sorry about that, I'll get out of your way."

Cho stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "No, you're fine. No one really uses this corridor anyway." She took a closer look at him. "Harry, is everything alright? Where's your shirt?"

Harry smiled thinly. "Long story. Look, I'll just get going," he said, attempting to stand up again.

Cho wasn't having it. "Just stay put, silly," she said, kneeling down to sit next to Harry on the floor. She turned to rest her back against the stone wall as well, moving so that her shoulder was only inches from Harry's shoulder. "So, want to tell me what's bothering you?"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Back in his room, Draco was sitting in his armchair, curled up in a tight ball, trembling. He felt so horrible - sick, nauseous and dizzy. What had he just done? He had let his veela powers take over, and had taken advantage of Harry. And to make matters worse he had insulted his mate and called him frigid. Oh God, the look on Harry's face...

Draco stood up, wobbling slightly, and staggered over to his desk. He wanted to tear after Harry and apologize, to beg and plead with Harry to forgive him. But he was a veela and Harry was his mate, and thanks to Harry's command that wasn't an option.

He was so miserable, and he could only think of one thing that might possibly make him forget what had just happened with Harry:

Vodka.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"I can't believe I'm telling you this," Harry said for the third time, after spilling the story of what had just happened with Draco to Cho. Cho smiled.