Chapter 27

Chapter Warnings: Mild slash and nefarious schemes

''''''''''

The Veela Enigma

Chapter 27: Possession

''''''''''''''

February 2

Lucius,

I have a new mission for you. You will be going to Romania to open dialogues with the vampires. It is most imperative that we have them on our side.

You will leave for Romania Saturday next, and be gone one month. Please make the necessary arrangements.

I do not need to tell you to destroy this letter.

LV

''''''''''''

"Where is Harry again?" Draco asked, as he sat at the Gryffindor dinner table with Ron and Hermione. "I wanted to show him this letter I just got from my dad. Says he's going to go to Romania for a month on a mission for the Dark Lord."

"Harry's talking with Professor Dumbledore," Hermione answered, neatly dishing some mashed potatoes onto her plate. "Dumbledore will tell him; I'm sure your dad sent a letter to him as well."

Draco nodded. "He did. Says he told everyone he'd be gone and not to worry about him." He glanced over to where Ron was sitting and made a face. "Well, I just hope Harry hurries or Weasley will have eaten all the steak and kidney pie."

Ron, who was indeed shoveling amazing quantities of steak and kidney pie into his mouth, stopped to glare at Draco.

"Thod off," he snapped through a full mouth.

"Anything for you, Ron," Draco cooed. "You know I can't resist over-sized, ginger ogres like yourself."

Ron's glare increased. "I haven't forgiven you, you know."

"Why Ronald, what on earth are you talking about?" Draco asked, his eyes wide and innocent.

Hermione noted Ron's red face and Draco's sarcastic attitude, and contemplated intervening. Then she shrugged. Might as well enjoy the show.

"I haven't forgiven you for getting Harry's home address from me by using your bloody powers on me the way you did," Ron seethed. "You could have just asked."

"No I couldn't have. You told me to get lost," Draco countered. "I had no choice."

"No, you had a choice. You're just a manipulative brat. You enjoy doing that kind of stuff to people."

Draco narrowed his eyes. "I'm going to tell Harry you called me a brat."

"Fine," Ron said spitefully. "I'll remind Harry you used your veela powers on me. You know how jealous he gets when you do that."

"Fine," Draco spat. "Then I'll tell Harry I only used them because you threatened to hit me."

"Then I'll tell Harry I was only going to hit you because he's my best friend and I was defending him."

"I'll tell Harry you made fun of me for being a veela."

"Now you're just making shit up!" Ron said hotly.

"I'm not. You did once. In my room, remember? You said Harry ought to keep me as a pet on a leash and collar."

"I was joking," Ron stressed, sounding extremely annoyed. "And anyway, that was like…three months ago!"