Arc 4 Chapter 44: (End Of Arc 4) Undying Love

Feeling the poison course through his body Jun staggered slower and slower smoke filling up his vision.

Still he did not concede as he struggled forward into the smoky hut.

Even if his body was growing numb and the smoke was filling up his lungs he didn't dare stop.

Finally he found the familiar room, staggering into it he looked down at the body that had yet to be swallowed by the deadly blue flames.

With triumph he stumbled forward towards the bed and laid down next to the corpse. He was once again in his Sensei's familiar bed as he clutched the cold body close. 

Years ago he had hated this mountain summit, but now it was his beloved home.

As the fire continued to eat away at everything in sight, the crazy man weakly smiled. "Although I tried so desperately to have you join me, it seems like you always have to have it your way... I suppose I will be the one joining you."

.....

No one replied back in the silent burning room, only the sound of crackling wood and a blazing fire could be heard.

"Punish me however you want, I am filthy, dirty, truly unclean, I know I don't deserve you... but please don't abandon me, don't leave me behind. I will take any punishment you want, but abandoning me is the only thing I cannot take."

.....

Hearing no response Jun took it as a cruel resistance to his words. Growing paranoid he clutched the body tighter as if to become one.

"Our souls must be bound together by now... they must be right?" Jun's hands lightly trembled. 

"I won't let you abandon me again even if you want to."

"Yes I will chase you wherever you go, do whatever I must, even if you grow to despise me I won't let you go. Wherever your soul is I will force my way to it!"

Jun paused as he looked at the "sleeping beauty." "You are the only one, the only one in the entire universe for me, my lovely Sun. I won't let anyone else ever have you."

Suddenly the memory of soft words flashed through Jun's mind, it was almost like a fever dream as he remembered hearing those words he so longed to hear.

He had been unconscious at the time, had it been real or had it been fake?

Either way he would chase her regardless, but one thought stuck in his mind.

"Will you ever say those words to me again... or is it too late?"

.... 

Once again silence followed.

"No, perhaps I am too dirty, corrupted, my hands have become covered in filth, haha then I suppose I'll never expect to hear such words again." Jun bitterly laughed.

For he knew not to expect such sweet words directed to him, how could he? He had become vile, dirty, how could she love someone so corrupted?

Jun's eyes grew blurred as his voice broke saying one last thing. "I won't ask you to love me but... please don't leave me again, I-I can't handle it..."

With that last sentence the heavenly blue flames finally devoured the two bodies. 

The wooden structure truly went up in smoke and flames as everything became kindling, with it the two bodies inside turned to ash.

..............

A lone man scrounged around after everything was turned to dust. He looked for the distinct bones of his Sensei but alas could not distinguish between all the remains.