Arc 3 Chapter 4: Royal Knight

Upon reaching her carriage she coldly walked in before instructing her driver to head towards the nearest shopping district.

Although Sylvia wanted to head back to Canta as soon as possible, she still wanted to try some of Dandar's food. Perhaps a few dishes would even be to her liking she hoped.

After arriving at the destination she got out of her carriage and coldly instructed her driver to stay and not follow her.

Although it was against protocol he happily obliged, after all, he felt as though his life would immediately be forfeited if he didn't agree.

Before walking away Sylvia also patted the horses.

"...Be good." She lightly instructed.

Seeing such a scene the coachman nearly had a heart attack. When Sylvia approached the horses he silently prayed for their lives but he never expected her to gently pat them!

"The world must be ending!" The coachman quietly started to cry.

Although the villain's heart long ago hardened to become as tough as a brick, when it came to animals she could not help but show a hint of warmth.

Humans were cruel, greedy, selfish, things. Yet, animals were loyal and only held innocence within their eyes. In many worlds she had wanted to act OOC to simply pet an animal but of course that was not allowed so instead she stayed quiet. But now she could do as she pleased, so she did.

"...Don't be too hard on them..." Sylvia coldly spoke, trying to still maintain her character.

"Yes..." The coachman continued to cry.

Afterwards Sylvia left.

Walking around Sylvia found a few stalls that looked to be serving delicious food, unfortunately, all felt lacking in some way...

Looking at the business folks scared gazes, Sylvia decided to rest in an abandoned alleyway.

Leaning against a rock wall she silently stood. 'I suppose I should start heading back soon.' Just when she thought this, she heard a series of angry voices ring out.

"Give us the green jeweled ring now kid!"

"How dare a filthy street rat carry around something so valuable!"

"Where did you steal this from? Huh?!"

'I guess I wasn't all alone in this alley after all.' Sylvia listened on as she walked further into the depths of the dark alley.

Accompanied with the sound of yelling were also sounds of a vicious beating.

As the villain she was indifferent to matters regarding bullying, after all, she had been forced to dole it out as much as she received it. So she really had no right to get in the way of such matters.

Still she was a little curious about the sound of a green jewel ring, she knew it couldn't be but she still wanted to confirm it. Hearing about a green jewel, it reminded her a little of a familiar cracked jewel she was used to seeing.

One that often caused the doom of a certain person, the one who she was looking for...

"NOW GIVE US THE RING!"

Arriving at the scene, Sylvia stayed quiet, she looked at the men yelling, they appeared to be be low ranking guards of Dandar.

Hiding in the shadows she focused on the one getting beaten. It was a small dirty boy, he looked to have just passed out prior to her arrival.

Before she decided to do anything she spotted it, on the boy's finger lay a green jewel with a crack throughout its core. 

Her eyes widened, it was the same crack she had seen before!

"Ha, now that he's down we can finally take the ring! How did such a mangy mutt get his hands on it anyway?" One of the guards asked yanking the ring off the comatose child's fingers.

"He must have stolen it, after all he clearly isn't royalty. Hey, how much do you think this ring could fetch?"

"Hmm, my guess is more than we earn in a year... Hey, I say we sell the ring and kill the boy leaving no trail behind!" The third guard smirked  pulling out his sword aiming it at the boy.

Just as the guard was about to swing his sword towards the boy's neck, a fourth, cold chilling voice rang out throughout the dark alley.

"Stop!"

Hearing the chilling voice, the men stopped dead in their tracks as they tried to look around in the darkness for the hidden figure. 

After all, whoever it was had just heard their plans.

Finally they spotted a young female in the corner.

"HA it's just a weak girl!" One of the guards spoke, not quite seeing the figure clearly enough.

"Haha what are you going to do? You do know we are Dandar guards right? You're going to regret listing in on us and not running away!" The second guard sneered.

"Yes, you're gonna regret playing hero beauty-"

The guard with the sword began to speak, but before he could finish, Sylvia shot a lightning bolt through his hand unconsciously making the sword clash to the ground.

Quickly the lightning seared a large hole in the third guard's skin as the smell of burnt flesh drifted through the air.

"W-what..." The guard looked down at his sizzling hand not yet registering the pain.

"Ah, I missed, seems like I'm still getting used to my magic." Sylvia slowly walked out of the darkness.

"It-it can't be, the lightning demon of Canta!" The guards all immediately paled as they suddenly understood who they were dealing with.

Not only was it a royal who had heard their plan to sell a heirloom ring,  but it was also the scariest royal!

"RUN!" One of them shouted, quickly they all started to bolt.

Plans of stealing and selling the ring immediately flew out the window as even they understood they were greatly outmatched.

Sylvia looked at the fleeing men calmly. "You can't leave yet, we've only just begun..."

Before the guards could even attempt to escape Sylvia shot large electrical currents into the air aimed directly at the guards. 

Instantly they were all electrocuted and stunned.

They all fell to the ground convulsing from the 1000 watts coursing through their bodies.

"...I shall be taking this." Reaching down towards the guards Sylvia picked up the green jeweled ring, it was the boy's ring after all, so she knew he would want it.

After doing this, Sylvia no longer paid attention to the electrocuted guards, instead she quietly approached the comatose young boy who looked to be tortured to the brink of death.

Without even asking the system, The Villain could already tell.

'You are my cook.'

*Desert Note: Finally the first appearance of Jun \(^ o ^)/