Arc 3 Chapter 12: Royal Knight

Princess Sylvia walked as she led the man towards an empty corridor. "So what is so important that you come all this way to issue me a visit?"

"I have a request."

"Which is...?"

"As a princess it is your duty to look after your country right?"

"...Yes." Sylvia slowly replied.

"Then becoming Queen of Dandar and Canta, you would be able to bring peace to the fighting nations, helping your country."

"What you say is correct..."

"Exactly, but that cannot be achieved if you do not become queen, and instead just became the wife of a prince." Prince Keefe continued to hint.

"..."

"I am next in line to becoming King. If it weren't for that resilient brat Prince Valentine, I would already be declared successor. Yet, he's in the way... Do you understand what I am saying."

Sylvia was not dumb, she had already realized such things ages ago, yet years later he was only now bringing it up. 'He really is dumb.' She inwardly shook her head.

Finally she tiredly responded. "What you say is correct."

Having gotten this far Prince Keefe no longer held back. "Good! Then I propose an alliance! Let's kill the prince together and take our rightful spots as King and Que-"

"That's where you're wrong, I have no intention of stepping into such matters..." Sylvia sighed.

After all, she already had Jun who would inherit the throne. Kudos to the plot though for trying to drag her back in as the villain.

Immediately Keefe's kind facade started to crack

"I'm offering you a chance to unite our two countries, don't you want to help the people?"

Honestly she could care less, she wasn't some hero, she was the villain. 

"I refuse." This time Sylvia's eyes grew colder.

She simply planned to make Jun King and leave it at that. Furthermore, he just wanted to drag her in in order to later blame everything on her. She wasn't stupid enough to fall for such a  blatant ploy.

Prince Keefe was greatly angered, he had fully expected her to agree, she was going to be his scapegoat, now that would be impossible.

"YO-YOU UNGRATEFUL!" Not reading the atmosphere, Keefe forcefully slapped Sylvia's pale white cheek, leaving a crimson dark bruise.

Immediately an overwhelming dark pressure was filled throughout the air to the point of suffocation.

'If you planned to follow me then at least stay hidden.' The Villain silently thought with a sigh, knowing full well that Jun had followed her and even listened in on the conversation.

"W-what?" Keefe looked startled.

He had never felt such a malicious force before directed at him.

"I think it's time you left." Sylvia coldly spoke to Keefe while very quickly ushering him back to the outside gate. 

She couldn't let Jun act rashly now, this wasn't the time to expose him and all of her hard work.

Upon reaching the outside the pressure was lifted as Jun innocently met them outside by the gate.

"~Done so soon?" Jun gave a closed eye smile.

"Seems so." The Villain inwardly sighed.

"Good." Jun swiftly turned to look at the first prince.