Arc 4 Chapter 10: Undying Love

As the sun began to set and the sky grew dark, Jun stopped his cultivation as he remembered the woman's words. 

She told him to go towards the other larger hut, so quickly he got up and walked towards it doing as she had previously instructed.

After walking to it he silently waited outside, wondering just what the woman had in store...

S could sense when the youth appeared so she plainly called out. "Enter."

'A fire... and tea?' Entering, Jun was surprised to find nothing overwhelming but a plain outlay as S held a hot teapot in her hands.

"Ah, still so pathetically weak." S mischievously smiled as she began to pour a single cup of steaming tea.

"Although you have great Qi hidden within, it would still take any cultivator centuries to mature to the extent you will be capable of. I don't want to sit around training you for decades waiting for you to ripen... therefore the reason I have called you here is because I have prepared a special pill that will allow you to excessively increase your strength in the next few years."

S held out the freshly poured steaming cup of tea in one hand, and a small refined pill in the other.

"Yes, if you take this pill every night then it will allow you to increase your strength exponentially in the coming years, so take it and swallow it."

The night was quiet while only the sound of gentle wind and fire consuming kindling could be heard.

Jun looked down at the pill for a moment before his eyes grew wide and suspicious, slowly he took a few steps back sensing that something like that couldn't exist.

After all, although he was treated cruelly in the Qiangda sect he was still able to look over there ancient books from time to time, and in that time he always tried to research herbs to find ways in which he could magically gain Qi.

However every time he came up empty handed, there were very few ways to strengthen or gain Qi. The few ways presented required heavy sacrifice on someone's part, one being Qi transfer.

Therefore there was no way that taking such a pill could simply make him stronger without any drawbacks, it had to be some sort of trick...

As Jun thought such a thing he looked up with dark suspicious eyes. "What's the catch?"

S's dark eyes coldly gleamed in the firelight, the fire crackled, for a moment she was silent before viscously smiling. "Ha, you caught me. I was hoping you were too stupid to notice..." Pausing she crept closer on the creaking wooden floor before whispering.

"I didn't lie, this pill really will give you enormous strength, the catch is... It will also consume a huge portion of your life force in order to convert it into power!" (AN: This way Jun will never supposedly be able to become an immortal as although he will grow strong, the pill will consume his life)

Jun's eyes widened in disbelief. "I-Impossible... Nothing like that exists!"

"Ha, you really doubt the methods of someone who is a master in the dark arts?" Her calm words and chilling smile were enough to quickly convince the youth.

Jun clenched his jaw. "Then why would I willingly choose to take that?!"

S saw the youth glare up at her but her calm dark eyes never changed, instead she laughed in his face. "Haha let me ask you this, what makes you think you have a choice?"

"....."

"I was kind enough to try and deceive you into taking it but now that you know... I'm not above forcefully feeding it to you. Whether you willingly choose to take this pill or not matter's little to me as you will end up taking it regardless." Once again S paused before giving the final blow.