Arc 3 Chapter 23: Royal Knight

A month after the initial engagement announcement, the wedding was finally prepared. (AN: A month after Jun first proposed)

Although Jun had pushed for it to be as soon as possible and wanted to do it even sooner, a month was the fastest a royal wedding could be prepared. So now, today was the day the two would be married.

By now the people were fully aware of their King's affections for the opposing nations princess.

Whenever the royal pair went out, their King would always dote on his bride to be, anyone could see that the king was deeply in love.

At first some believed that it was the demon princess who had seduced their King, but such rumors were quickly put to rest once the people saw how the princess reacted when with the King, rather than her seducing their King, it appeared to be the other way around...

The King of the strongest nation seemed to be at the mercy of his bride to be, wherever she went he followed, whatever she wanted he gave, if she looked at other men, they could only pray for a quick death.

Yes, by now everyone accepted that in order to be in favor with the King they must first be good to his beloved princess.

So although the Queen to be was from Dandar's enemy nation, no one dared speak out against the former thought of demon princess. Instead the people were oddly infatuated with the cold princess. 

Although she seemed scary, when she was placed beside the foolishly in love King, the people couldn't help to see her in a different, favorable light.

The same went for the nation of Canta, Sylvia's home nation. The people were surprised at hearing their future Queen's engagement with the King of Dandar.

Although they despised the nation of Dandar, when they heard that the knight Sylvia had rescued years ago turned out to be the now King, they couldn't help feeling at peace with the newly engaged couple.

Their good feelings towards the opposing nation only intensified after learning of how Dandar's King treated the Queen to be.

Although many had previously been scared of princess Sylvia, their feelings drastically changed after hearing how she had managed to reunite the two countries, moreover how she had been able to capture the heart of Dandar's King and people.

Now the people of Canta could only hold goodwill towards their princess.

There was only one person who seemed to be opposed to the marriage.

And that single person happened to be the one getting married...

As the day arrived Sylvia was dressed in an expensive wedding dress made with lavish silk, and embroidered bead work.

Still the Villain couldn't help but feel that the dress was overly frilly and pure looking, not the type of dress the Villain was used to. "Jun has weird tastes." The Villain silently mused.

Carefully the maids helped bathe and dress the bride to be as the ceremony was prepared.

Sylvia had thought that the world would reach -100% before being married but unfortunately, luck was never on the side of the villain as the world's progress still stood at -99.0%, -1% off.

'I should have ran when I had the chance...' Sylvia thought as she silently looked at her appearance in the mirror.

She truly looked like a bride now. Her long, dark blue hair was tied up beautifully, while her snow white skin glowed not to be outshone by the frivolous, expensive wedding dress that tailed far behind her.

The Villain was slightly surprised by her appearance.

In all her world's she had never been married before, or rather, when she was married, it was treated more as a joke in order to invoke pain on the Villain.

Yet now it was serious, she was actually getting married.

Still the Villain did not pay much mind to sentimental feelings, after all, even if she was married it would not change her imminent destiny, nor would it change her feelings.

No matter what, she would never trust anyone besides herself.

Even if Jun asked to marry her, it's not like his feelings of love would last long, no he couldn't truly love the Villain...

Yes, once she died, he would easily move on and find another princess to marry. Rather than love, his feelings for her were nothing more than gratitude for saving him. Nothing more, nothing less. Silently the Villain repeated such thoughts in her mind as she tried to deceive herself of the truth.

"Dear princess, it is time for the ceremony to start, let me guide you to the ceremony hall."

Swiftly the maids helped Sylvia towards the marriage destination.

 As they arrived, the maids stopped outside the inner castle's chapel doors while a handful of guards also stood watch. A crowd of people would be waiting on the other side, Jun would be waiting on the other side....

'Maybe I should make a run for it now...'

"Good luck! May you be happily married!" The maids excitedly whispered pulling Sylvia from her thoughts. Then the large chapel doors were swung open. This was Sylvia's cue to walk down the aisles.

'Too late now I guess..'

Calmly Sylvia walked towards the chapels front while the nobles and royals all gawked at Sylvia's elegant and beautiful appearance. She looked like a pure maiden, unbefitting of her Villain title.

At the very front, while looking underneath her veil, Sylvia could see Jun.

He looked anxious, as though expecting to be left at the altar. However, upon seeing Sylvia, his worries instantly faded as his eyes filled with indescribable warmth and happiness.

Now Sylvia felt even more trapped.

Making her way to the front she stood across from Jun.

Then the ceremony commenced.

*Desert Note:

The Villain 1 week before the marriage: I should run away.

The Villain 3 days before the marriage: I should run away.

The Villain 1 days before the marriage: I should run away.

The Villain before the marriage: I should run away...

The Villain at the marriage: Why didn't I run away!

Jun at the alter before the ceremony: The guards better be watching to inform me if she escapes...