Arc 3 Chapter 7: Royal Knight

"So, what is his condition?" Sylvia asked upon re-entering  the room.

"H-he se-seems to be miraculously improving. U-unfortunately, I detect poison deep within his body..." Sylvia looked indifferent, she expected as much.

"I-it's strange though, although his body seems to be filled with toxins, i-it's...as though..." The doctor trailed off lost in thought.

"Yes?" Sylvia coldly asked.

Quickly the doctor came back to reality as he faced Princes Sylvia.

"It's as if... His body is counteracting the poison. Although his magic seemed to be blocked before, it's as if his body is working to correct itself..."

'Ah, so the elixir can even heal poison...' Sylvia silently mused.

"Good. Is there anything else you need to report?"

"N-no, just that when he wakes up, g-get him to take some of-of this medicine." The doctor hurriedly left after handing Sylvia some vitamins.

Sylvia, silently walked towards the young boy's closed eyes. 

Gently she touched his forehead in order to feel his temperature but before she had a chance to touch, her hand was immediately tightly grabbed. 

Looking at the previous sleeping boys face, Sylvia now saw twisted black eyes staring up at her.

She was quite surprised, his eyes had gotten even darker... They were black and void, almost as if he was going to disappear into the darkness, as though his soul was, fading, breaking... being destroyed? 

'No, impossible.' The Villain shook off the thought.

"I am Sylvia, I only meant to feel your temperature, please feel rest assured." Sylvia coldly spoke while emotionlessly looking into the young boys eyes.

The boys eyes widened and his grip loosened but he did not let go. 

Looking at the strange beauties eyes he felt as though she were a goddess. However, after looking around for a bit he became disappointed realizing he was still alive. Silently his eyes wished for the sweet release of death.

Looking at the strange boy, Sylvia could immediately understand what his look meant, after all the villain had seen that look from Jun in each world. His eyes always sought death.

"I went to a lot of work saving you... So don't even think about dying yet..." I want food...

The boys eyes slightly widened hearing the beautiful girls words. How did she know what he was thinking? Moreover, just who was she? Her dark misty eyes were deeply familiar to him, yet he was sure he had never seen her before. 

Furthermore, his soul shook when he saw her. One part of him wanted to hold her hand forever and never let go, while another part ushered him to stay far, far away, that getting close would only lead to immeasurable suffering. 

Such thoughts scared the boy, although he had his fair share of torture and pain, he had always taken it, as though it were second nature to him. Although it hurt, his soul had always accepted it. 

Yet now, when in front of the cold beauty, a voice kept persuading him to get as far away as possible. 

For if he didn't he truly would be broken.

Thinking such thoughts the boy suddenly got up. Although it hurt all over, he convinced his body to run towards the door. 

"I must escape!" Was the only thought that filled his mind.