Arc 3 Chapter 15: Royal Knight

(AN:*Warning- cliffhanger ahead. Cliffhangers are said to have side effects of induced anger, annoyance, impatience, re-evaluating your life decisions and death, ask your author today if this is right for you.) 

【Story Progression: -55% 】

Just like that, the plot had easily been ruined. The ML Valentine becoming a ruler was a major part of the plot. Therefore by having him no longer succeed to the throne the plot was greatly ruined. 

However since the ML and FL were still together there was still quite a ways to go, the Villain surmised. 

After the ceremony that day, a few records were found confirming the existence of a maid getting pregnant and then dying out on the streets.

Everyone was surprised to learn that she had given birth and eighteen years later that child had come back to claim the throne.

However, many of the royals did not accept or respect the new king, for how could they? 

After all that time they had put their faith in the other princes, yet now their hopes were completely crushed as a new prince came along stealing the crown. 

None of the royals were allied with this new prince, how could they be? They had never met him before. 

There was only one alley to the King, the one who had predicted this outcome, the one who had trained him, the one who had raised him, Princess Sylvia.

Expecting this to happen, Princess Sylvia stayed in Dandar for the weeks that followed. 

She wasn't going to spend all that time raising a prince only to have him killed off as a King.

She had been protecting him all this time, so she would continue to.

During this time she used her time wisely looking around for good advisers and representatives. 

After a few weeks of looking she finally compiled a list and went to the Kings throne room. As the new King, Jun was given many new duties to fulfill and was forced to sit in the throne room away from Sylvia.

"I can't be here! I need to stand by my princess's side!" As Jun was contemplating how to get out of his kingly duties Sylvia walked in. Immediately his former dark eyes lit up as a bright smile formed on his face.

Quickly he got up to go hug Sylvia, but instead she used her quick reflexes to doge. 

Jun ended up hugging nothing but air...

"I believe you should fire these people and instead hire this group to replace them." Sylvia coldly spoke as she handed Jun a list.

Without even glancing at the list Jun handed it towards the number one adviser, it was the same noble Harold who had officiated the ceremony. He looked more tired than before...

Without Jun even having to give an order, the noble Harold already left to fulfill the duty.

After the first week of serving the new king he had quickly learned to follow Princess Sylvia's orders even without his Highness's consent. 

If he didn't, the new King would grow furious asking why the Harold hadn't listened to the Princess's request.

The throne room was quiet after the Harold left. Silently, Sylvia looked at Jun as she remembered something.

"Thank you for cancelling my engagement with the First prince..." She had been slightly surprised to learn that her engagement had already been dissolved a few days prior.

She hadn't even requested Jun to do so yet...

Jun's eyes flashed with surprise before he gave an innocent smile. "No need to thank me." 

In reality, he had been scared that Sylvia didn't want her engagement to be canceled. Thinking this, as soon as he became King he used his power to underhandedly revoked the engagement in secret. That way, Jun could ensure that by the time Sylvia found out that her engagement was canceled, it would be too late and she wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

It was underhanded but Jun didn't care, even if Sylvia was angry at him he would accept it. He would simply lie saying he was sorry while telling her it was impossible to change back.

He would lie or scheme as much as he had too in order to get her...

However he was pleasantly surprised knowing she had also wanted it canceled.

Therefore he smiled happily.

Now he could go through with his next plans...

In the first few weeks that he had been announced King many rumors flew about, many focusing on Princess Sylvia. A lot of the rumors claimed that she had only rescued Jun and helped him ascend to Kingship in order to secretly control him.

Jun quickly used his power as King to silence any such rumors that would slander his princess.

Still it did not go on deaf ears as he heard them all.

Truthfully, whether they were true or not he didn't care. Sylvia would always be his princess, his savior, and the one he loved.

No. 

Truthfully he actually wanted the rumors to be true. For if they were and she was only after the crown, then he could easily get Sylvia to agree to marry him and always stay by his side...

Even a moment away from her worried his soul. He needed to keep her by his side and he wanted to be the only one by her side.

Yes, now that he was finally on equal footing he had to work quickly. He didn't know why but he felt a sense of urgency, he didn't want to waste any time! He would use whatever was at his disposal to put his plans into motion and keep her by his side.

Thinking this he turned towards Sylvia.

Sylvia, having not noticed anything strange, started to turn away. "Well I shall take my leave now-"

"Marry me!"

Sylvia: "...wha-"

*Desert Note: Jun's blackening more (- ‿◦ )    (*meaning he's becoming more twisted/yandere)

Jun: "Marry Me!"

The Villain: *Rubbing her tired eyes. "What an unfunny joke."

Jun: *Capturing the villains hands. "I am serious."

The Villain: *walking away "I heard nothing."

Jun: *Captures the Villain. "Not this time."