Chapter 11 | Unexpected Situation

Jennie's P.O.V.

11:35am

As I walked into work I automatically looked for Y/N. We hadn't talked this weekend, which wasn't common. Well, I had sent her a couple memes, but she never responded—another weird thing, and also quite rude.

Usually she was at work before me, helping the others who were on shift, even if hers hadn't started yet. But today she wasn't here.

"Maybe she's in the back?" I whispered to myself.

After sending the message, I walked to the back of the café to put on my nametag, mentally preparing myself for work, and look for Y/N, but she was nowhere to be seen.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to text her.

Hey where are you?

---------------------------

It's been fifteen minutes since Y/N's and my shift had started and she was still not here. More than that, she hadn't responded to my text, and it was making me anxious.

I turned to Seungmin, who had just started his shift ten minutes after mine. "Hey, have you and Y/N talked at all recently?"

"Mmm no, why?"

"Well, she's not here and she hasn't answered my texts."

"Maybe she doesn't want to talk to you." Seungmin joked with me: "She's probably just sick."

"I'm being serious here. Also, if she was sick, she would have messaged at least one of us." I snapped back at him.

Seungmin stopped smiling and seemed like he was actually taking me serious now.

 "Plus Isn't it weird this happened right after her date?" I questioned.

Seungmin froze completely. His eyes were widened and his mouth was slightly opened. "Jennie, I need you to do something for me."

"Do you know something? Do you think she got kidnapped?!? Oh goodness, we need to call the police." I was speaking so fast that it was hard to understand everything I was saying, but I was too worried about Y/N to even care.

"Jennie, do not call the police!" Seungmin grabbed my shoulders lightly and turned me to face him: "Listen, I need you to trust me, okay?"

"umm okay. Why shouldn't I call the police?!? That's what your supposed to do when you think your friend is kidnapped!"

"Look I need you tell the manager that I had a family emergency and that I had to leave. Can you do that?"

"Yeah I- I can. But what about my question?"

"I can't answer it yet just trust me, please." He let go of me and started to rush out of the café. Before he left, he turned back to me and yelled, "I'll keep you updated. Promise."

He never answered why I shouldn't call the police and it was making me wonder what I didn't know about him. 

I had no idea what he was doing and it was weird how he told me not to call the police, but I trusted him.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

Seungmin's P.O.V.

11:50am

I rushed out of the café. I needed to get to Y/N's apartment. I'm terrified something happened to her—I know it's likely what happened but I can't help but hope that she's just ignoring us for some unknown reason. I know it's an absolutely ridiculous thought, but if I thought about the probable reality, I might lose it.