Chapter 22 | The Past

Y/N's P.O.V.

Unknown Time

"Why the literal fuck would I know anything about Seventeen?"

This room was blindingly white. Everything was completely bare, except for a table that was placed in the middle of the room perfectly. It looked a little disturbing.

A man named Minho sat right across from me.

Previously I thought I had seen the worst death stares, especially from rude customers. But whoever this was, they looked as if he thought death stares was an art, and he had practiced it for his whole life. It made me sit on the edge of my seat.

"Because you were stuck with them for over a week, I refuse to believe you learned nothing!" Minho had stood up and was leaning over the table, using his arms to support him.

This felt straight out of a movie.

"And if I knew something, why wouldn't I tell you?" I wasn't used to raising my voice at people, mainly because I couldn't yell at customers.

"I don't know! Maybe you got stockholm syndrome." Minho plopped himself back into his chair and crossed his arms at me.

I didn't know how to respond to that. My mouth hung open in exasperation.

"This man can't be serious! I basically hate all of them, except for DK, but I would barely call him a friend."

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard."

Once again, Minho stood up, but this time he started walking circles around the table. While he was slowly pacing through the room, he started talking, slow and steady, mirroring his walking.

 "You really should be careful what you say. Remember, you aren't a guest. You are a nuisance and the reason Seungmin got kidnapped. Even if you are Seungmin's friend, I see you as my enemy right now. Understand that if you want to live." He ended by getting close to my face and stared right into my eyes, not blinking once.

Too many thoughts were running in my head to respond to Minho. He wasn't wrong. It was my fault that Seungmin got kidnapped. And it felt absolutely horrible.

"So tell me every detail about seventeen that you know."

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

S.Coups' P.O.V.

Two Years ago at 9:45am

"Please, just get in the car, or we're gonna be late. For goodness sake!" I yelled across the room.

The8, Mingyu, and Samuel had been slowly preparing to get ready. They had been too busy playing around to work at the normal fast pace we keep up with.

I've ordered them to hurry up three times now, and each time they didn't listen.

"Sorry!" Samuel yelled out as the three of them finally got into the car.

"Why the heck would we hire a child?" I rolled my eyes while stepping into the car with Joshua, Jeonghan, and Jun.

Everyone laughed a little bit, but Jeonghan was about dying of laughter.

"Stop laughing so much. It's your damn fault." I reached over and slapped his arm playfully.

"That's why it's so funny to me." Jeonghan wheezed while pulling out of the driveway.

"You should really change who gets people to join," Jun added, leaning forward to have his head in between me and Jeonghan.

"More like force," Joshua muttered from the back with a slight chuckle.