Chapter 35 | Strange Teams

The8's P.O.V.

2:02pm

I stare at the man, whose dead body was lying face down on the floor of my doorway. Blood seeping from his head onto my floors. Even I was in shock from the quickness of me pulling out my pistol and shooting him.

But I don't have the luxury to stand here and watch this dead man's body rot.

Thankfully it doesn't take me long to get over my shock. I run into my room to grab Y/N so we could get out of here.

"Y/N!"

She ran out of my bathroom with a worried look in her eyes. After she looked me up and down, like she was searching for something, Y/N let out a small sigh.

"What was that gunshot?"

Grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the room, I call back to her, "I'll explain later!"

When we get to the doorway, I jump over the body, and Y/N does the same, just after letting out a startled scream at the sight of the dead body.

"Okay," I turn to look at Y/N and continue whispering, "We need to get out of here, quickly and quietly. I, uhh... I might have to shoot some people. Just try to not be too shocked by it."

Y/N stares at me with wide eyes and her mouth agape.

"I... uhh..." I dig into my pocket. "Here we go," I pull out small, orange earbuds. "Put these on."

Y/N takes them and clumsily puts them in her ears.

Then once again, we start running towards the stairs.

As we reach the stairs I stop and pull out my gun again. I let go of Y/N's arm to get a better grip and better aim. I start slowly walking down the stairs. I nod to Y/N, letting her know to follow me.

I was only on the third floor, but I'm guessing that there will be at least two more men spread out on those floors.

No one in their right mind would send just one man on an assassination mission. Especially someone who was so shit at their job that they died in under thirty seconds.

Stepping down onto the second floor, I glance around the area, scanning for anyone. I couldn't see anyone, which made me just as anxious as I would be if someone was there.

Me and Y/N continue walking downwards. I could hear Y/N's shaky breath, and I would be lying if I said mine wasn't the same.

I'm confused that no one has shown up yet. It's not common for there to be just a single gunshot then quiet.

Surely someone else is here, and they're just waiting to ambush me.

Usually, this wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I was in no way prepared for this attack. I only had a small pistol and only one spare magazine. I was skilled enough to get away with using martial arts, but I was slightly sleep-deprived, and my skills wouldn't be as good as they usually are.

And now that the two of us are standing at the base of the first floor. And like the floor above it, I still couldn't see anyone.

My car wasn't too far away, but it was far enough that someone could shoot us while we ran.

I take a deep breath and look back at Y/N. At this point, we don't have much of a choice. We needed to just run.

"You go to the passenger side. We run on three."

Y/N nods her head at me. I take one final glance around the area, then I start counting, "One.... two.... three!"

While running, I push my gun into its holster while pulling out my keys and unlocking my car.