Chapter 29 | Philia

Xiaojun's P.O.V.

6:41am

"So you're a hacker?"

"Yep!"

Me and Yangyang were walking down the WayV hall as I nicknamed it. I had joined NCT eight months ago and this was my first official mission. 

I had been paired with Yangyang, which confused me because I thought he was only a hacker, but this was a tracking mission.

"So why are you going on a tracking mission? It doesn't seem like a thing that would need a hacker." I wasn't trying to sound rude, I was just genuinely curious.

Plus me and Yangyang had become friends over the time I've been training. He knew that I was still adapting to being part of the mafia so sometimes I would ask dumb questions.

"Well I do more than just hack, it's just that hacking is my main profession! I also know a bit about fighting strategies. And it could be useful having me in case whoever we track goes into a locked area."

"Oh, I suppose that makes sense," I said while shrugging.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

"Why are they running around the city like they're being followed?" I said through gritted teeth while running to try and find our target, who has once again randomly disappeared. 

"Well, that might be because we are in fact following them." Yangyang rolled his eyes at me.

"He's not supposed to know we're following them though!" 

"I don't think he realizes he's being followed, he's just anxious about something."

"About what?" I asked, taking my eyes off our target to turn towards Yangyang.

"Do you not listen? This mission is to find out what's going on!" Yangyang slapped me lightly. "Shit, where did he go?"

I looked back to the last place our target was. And not only was he not there, but there also wasn't anyone in the area. It wasn't a big place but it emptied out so quickly that it was frightening.

"Watch out!" 

I flipped around to see three men, one of which was the one we were trailing.

Before I had time to react both me and Yangyang were tackled to the ground and had a cloth placed to our faces that knocked us out.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

Jun's P.O.V.

3 years ago, 7:54pm

I was currently sprawled on top of my bed with my head hanging off. I was about to get a headache from hanging upside down for too long, but I really didn't want to sit up.

The new member of Seventeen, Seokmin, was assigned to be my roommate for now. We didn't have a room for him so I offered to share mine, it was boring in here anyway so I might as well have someone to keep me company.

He was currently telling me about how he joined us and why. Then he told me about Jeonghan not being able to help him and I had to stifle a laugh. Not because I thought his situation was funny, but because it wasn't a shocking thing for Jeonghan to do. Jeonghan seemed to be the reason half the members joined.

"Well that's pretty fucked up." I casually responded while pulling my phone out to play a game.

I could feel Seokmin slightly glare at me. Fair considering that I responded so casually to his distressful story.