Chapter 48 | Surprising Confessions

Two Weeks Later

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

Minghao's P.O.V.

6:25pm

As I walk inside the apartment, just arriving back from work, I see Y/N in the kitchen, apparently cooking dinner.

"You're cooking?" I ask, lazily throwing my coat onto the couch.

She shrugs, stirring something in a pan, "I got home early and had nothing to do." Y/N looks over to me, "I hope that's okay."

"I mean, I won't complain." I smile, "Anything I can do to help?"

"Hmm." Y/N stops stirring and looks around the small kitchen, "Would you mind chopping up some vegetables?" She asks, nodding her head to a pile of carrots, onions, and potatoes.

"Of course!" I wash my hands and start to chop the vegetables beside Y/N.

The room falls into a homely silence, the only noises being the knife hitting the cutting board and the soup bubbling as Y/N stirs it, occasionally adding different spices.

Soon enough the soup is finished and the two of us dish out bowls and sit down to eat.

Even while eating, neither of us talked much, only quickly discussing the others day.

I could tell that Y/N was down recently, for fair reason. Yoongi just left and she still hadn't met anyone here outside of her work. Obviously moving here was difficult for all three of us, but at least me and Mingyu know each other well.

"You're off work tomorrow, right?" I ask, finishing my soup.

"Yep." Y/N nods.

"Want to do something?" I ask. Looking at Y/N I see a surprising look plastered on her face. "I just don't have anything to do and thought it'd be fun to explore a little," I say quickly, scared that I made her feel awkward.

She thinks for a moment before saying anything. "Sounds fun." she lightly smiles while standing up to place her bowl in the sink.

A smile forms on my lips, "Perfect, want to leave at noon?"

"I don't care." She shrugs, "Whatever time works."

I start to clean the dishes and Y/N goes to leave, but she stops a step before leaving the kitchen, "Thank you," She says softly.

Turning off the water, I turn to her, "Huh?"

"Thank you for taking me with you and not leaving me. Thank you for helping me," She says, her tone soft.

I stay silent, partially shocked by the sudden thanks. Especially since she had said it before, although never sounding like this.

"I feel like I haven't properly said it." She admits.

"I mean, I wasn't just going to leave you," I say, deflecting her 'thank you.'

She smiles at me, "Goodnight Hao." Y/N walks out of the kitchen a few seconds later I hear her door closing.

I feel my face grow warm but I ignore t and focus on the dishes.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

11:55am

"Ready to go?" I call into the apartment, waiting by the door.

"Yep!" Y/N pops her head out of her room, "Just need to grab my bag." Y/N walks out of her room, wearing grey pants, a navy blue blouse, and a long black coat. "Okay ready."