Chapter 38 | The Attack (Part Two)

DK's P.O.V.

5:58am

Suddenly I find it hard to breathe. So many strange things started to piece together, making a clear picture. No wonder S.Coups and Jeonghan never let me look for the killer. It makes sense now why Dino, usually such a great hacker, could never find any real information.

Although I'm not sure why Jeonghan would go kill my sister, just to come find me and have me join this twisted group.

I could feel my blood boil. Clenching both of my hands into tight fists, I turn away from Suga and start walking towards the door, with every intention to find Jeonghan and kill him with my bare hands.

"Wait a minute!" Suga calls out to me, standing up from the bed, "You still need to pay me."

I turn around to see Suga holding his hand suspiciously by his waist, obviously, he has a gun on him.

Slightly raising my hands in defense, "Okay sorry!" 

Suga slowly lowers his hands and just glares at me. "Don't forget that you need to pay in cash."

"Yeah, I know," I walk over to Joshua's desk and dig in one of the many drawers to take Joshua's cash stack. Usually, I would never think to do something like this, but everyone knows that Joshua and Jeonghan are practically best friends, and I don't trust him anymore.

"He won't miss this anyway." 

I hand the stack of cash to Suga and he goes through them, counting up the money.

He finishes counting then nods his head and hums, "Well, good luck with whatever you do next." 

I stay silent as I watch Suga leave the room. Before opening the door, he turned back to me, "Hey, if you ever meet a girl, who looks a bit like me and her last name is Min, let me know."

"Umm, sure. Why though?"

A sad smile forms on Suga's face, "I'm trying to find my sister."

"Oh, I hope you find her." I try to give a happy smile, but I can feel that it looks fake.

As Suga goes to leave for a second time, sirens start blaring.

Both Jun and Joshua barge into the room with worried expressions. Joshua looks at Suga questionably while Jun pushes past Suga to stand by me.

"Did you find out?" Jun whispers in my ear.

I nod quickly. "Do either of you know what's going on?"

Joshua stops staring at Suga, "I think NCT's attacking, we need to go."

Suddenly forgetting about Suga, Joshua signals for me and Jun to follow him out of the room and help in the attack.

As we run out of the room, I stop by Suga, "Do you need an-"

He simply rolls his eyes at me, "I don't need help."

I rush out of the room, trying to catch up to Jun and Joshua.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

S.Coups' P.O.V.

6:01am

I grab the pistol that I store in my desk. Jeonghan takes out the gun he always keeps on him, and we both leave the office, prepared to fight.

Even though I train every day, the rush of adrenaline that came from a real battle was unbeatable. As long as it doesn't get in my way of fighting I'll be fine.