Chapter 20 | What To Do?

Jennie's POV

11:25am

The next morning Seungmin came to pick me up, it had been too late last night so he was taking me to this place he wanted to show me for some reason today.

The air was tense in the car. Seungming was taking me somewhere that would prove he wasn't lying to me.

Of course, I couldn't find any reasonable excuse for him to be lying to me, I knew Seungmin enough to know he wouldn't do something this weird and drastic in such a serious situation. But at the same time, there is no way that this cute, innocent person could be part of the mafia. Surely not.

Seungmin started to turn into the parking lot of a four-story building.

"We're here." He said while letting out a sigh. He seemed nervous.

We both got out of the car and he gestured for me to follow him inside. "You remember Hyunjin right?"

"Umm, yeah" I looked around the room, there was nothing special about it, it looked like the entrance to any office, not somewhere a mafia would be. There were no guns or any mafiaish looking things. "Pretty long hair and something like a compass tattoo right?"

"Oh, so you saw his tattoo. Well, Hyunjin's also part of this, the tattoo is like our symbol." He said while pulling out his phone and typing something into it.

"Wait does that mean you have a tattoo?" We walked into one of the elevators and there were surprisingly buttons that went down. There wasn't a down button on the outside, and there was a key by the button in here.

"Yep! It's on my shoulder." Seungmin placed a key into the lock and turned it, then we started to go downwards.

I started to feel anxious as the elevator went down, I wasn't scared of elevators, but this one was felt like it was taking forever to reach the floor. More than that there didn't seem to be any way Seungmin was lying to me and it made me worry, what happened to Y/N that was so serious that Seungmin felt like he needed to tell me he was a part of the mafia?

I just couldn't believe that one of my friends could be part of something like the mafia. And it didn't help that I was ninety percent sure I had seen something on the news mentioning a group that had a compass symbol.

Right as we exited the elevator Hyunjin appeared scrolling on his phone. He looked up when he noticed we were standing in front of him. "Oh, nice to see you again Jennie!"

"uhh, hi." I tried to say normally.

Hyunjin started talking to Seungmin in a low voice that I couldn't quite hear. If I strained enough I might be able to, but I really didn't want to know what they were talking about, and I was too tired.

After a few minutes of the two of them talking and forgetting I was here a notification rang from Seungmin's phone. He pulled it out and a look of fear came across his face. "I have to go, tell chan I'm sorta sorry."

And just like that, he ran away from me and Hyunjin going who knows where.

"What's going on?" I asked turning to Hyunjin.

"I have no idea."

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

DK's P.O.V.

Four Years Ago, 3:25pm

I was glad to be done with a long week of gruesome medical classes, I was planning to go out with some of my friends to get dinner.