Chapter 14 | Stuck

Jun's P.O.V.

7:00pm

I woke up with a strange feeling, one I haven't felt in what I assume is years, a feeling that I hate, with a passion. Guilt.

 I don't even know why I felt guilty—I mass-manipulate people, it's basically my lifestyle. 

I knew it wasn't because Y/N happened to be innocent—I've had innocent people accidentally get caught up in this business and never bashed an eye. So why now?

I'm still tired, I should try to go back to sleep. "Maybe if I go back to sleep I'll loose this dumb ass feeling."

---------------------------

An hour, it's been an hour since I tried to go to sleep again, but I could only toss and turn, Nothing I could do seemed to make it easier to fall asleep.

I groaned into my pillow, then forced myself out of bed. "Why do I feel guilty?" I muttered while leaving my room to visit Y/N.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

I stood in front of the door to the medical room. Something was stopping me from walking in.

I felt weak, I hadn't truly apologized to someone in years. It had become my instinct to not care about people, yet here I was.

I took a deep breath, rolled my eyes at myself, and opened the door.

Y/N was sitting up in the far right bed and reading a book—she was so immersed in it that she didn't hear me open the door.

I swiftly and quietly walked into the room—she still hasn't noticed me. At this point, I was trying to not laugh. I flung the door close to get her attention.

She flinched and dropped her book and shot her head up, making eye contact with me.

As soon as she looks at me, she pales, her body tenses, and I think I see her hands start to shake.

"Oh, calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." I said casually as I leaned my back onto the wall. "And if I did, there really isn't anything you could do." I mentioned with a slight laugh.

"Why are you here?" She asked meekly. For some reason, I found it amusing.

"What makes you think you get to question me? You're the prisoner, aren't you?" I teasingly smirked at her.

She started to say something but stopped right before she spoke.

"But because I am a gentleman," I gave her an exaggerated bow, "I'll answer your question. I came here to tell you that I was sorry."

I had come here intending to actually apologize, but it seems my instinct to be cruel took over, and I found it quite fun.

Y/N looked taken aback and just looked at me with pure suspicion.

"So I am sorry."

Both of us didn't move and are stuck weirdly staring at each other.

"Are you not going to say anything?"

"Well, I-I'm not sure what to say."

"It's fine, or it's okay, will be suffice." I shrugged.

"But it's not fine and it's definitely not okay, so," She said, adding emphasis on both nots.

"Hmm, well, I shall be leaving—I must go to a very interesting meeting, discussing you, actually." Y/N's eyes widened: "Have a goodnight!" I cheerily waved at her while leaving.