Chapter 36 | Escape

Y/N's P.O.V.

5:52pm

I lift the towel that was lying around my neck to dry my wet hair.

After me and The8 spent two hours trying to find a safe place to stay by looking over a map that we found in the motel, we decided to take showers and then come back to make a decision. And even though that The8 was the one who had blood splattered on his shirt, he insisted that I go first.

I won't admit it, but I was glad that I didn't have to wait to shower. Everything that had happened left me stressed, and I feel much more relaxed after the shower.
Even though I want to lie down on the bed and just go to sleep, I force myself to examine the map again.

At this point, everything on the map blurred together. I couldn't distinguish anything.

Sighing, I flop back onto the bed.

I hear the bathroom fan turn off and the door open. The8 walks out in a black t-shirt and a simple pair of dark grey pants. He ruffles his wet hair and walks over to sit on the shared bed and looks at the map.

I sit back up and pretend to pay attention to what was on the map.

"This is useless. Why are we even still looking at it!" The8 crumbles the map up and throws it into the trash.

The8 grabs out his phone and starts searching something up.

Not sure at what to look at, I lie back down and stare up at the roof.

"Hmm," I hear The8 hum by me.

When I look over at him, it looks like he's on a call with someone.

"Hi, look, I need you to come to......."

I want to listen to his conversation, but I can't keep my eyes open, and I fall asleep.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

8:24pm

"Hey... Y/N?" Someone slightly shook me awake.

I sit up and rub my eyes to see The8 with his hand on my shoulder.

Behind him, there was a tall man that looked vaguely familiar to me.

"I found somewhere safe while you were asleep, and we need to go now!"

Even though it usually takes me a while to wake up, I jump out of bed.

Not sure what to do, I eye the strange man.

The8 notices my glare, "Don't worry about him. That's Mingyu." The two men start to walk out of the room, and I follow them. "He won't rat us out."

The8 says something else, but I can't hear.

"Hi!" Mingyu looks back and waves at me with a sweet smile.

I find myself genuinely smiling back even though I know nothing about him.

The three of us walk out of the motel and got to what I assume is Mingyu's car. The two boys sit in the front while I go into the back row.

"How long will your parents be gone?" Minghao asked

"They'll be back in two days. Do you think it's enough time for you?"

"Uhh... yeah. Thanks Gyu."

The8 and Mingyu continue talking about something.

I look out of the window and see the car from earlier that was following us. I can't see what the person in the car looks like because of tinted windows.