Chapter 21 | Can I Get a Break?

Jennie's P.O.V.

11:41am

Me and Hyunjin were just watching the area Seungmin had run off to. There wasn't much reason to, but both of us felt too awkward to actually talk to each other.

"Soooo," Hyunjin dragged the word out, trying to break the silence, "Why did Seungmin bring you here?" We both changed our line of sight to look at the other.

"He brought me here to prove he was a mafia." The words sounded weird in my mouth. I believed he was part of a mafia. It just still seemed so unreal.

Hyunjin went to say something but stopped when he got distracted by something behind me.

"Hello Chan." His voice changed to a much more formal tone, and he bowed his head at the man named Chan.

Chan walked in a hurried way, but he did it in a way that gave him an air of authority. He seemed very stern.

"He's probably one of the leaders."

At first, Chan didn't seem to notice me, but once I was standing right in front of him, a confused look spread across his face.

"Who's this?" He turned to ask Hyunjin, completely ignoring I was right in front of him.

"I'm Jennie," I answered before Hyunjin got a chance to respond.

"Oh, you're Seungmin's friend." He seemed disappointed?

"Yes I am," I said with more confidence than I actually felt.

"Wait. Where is Seungmin?" Out of nowhere, Chan had become a mixture of angry and anxious. He turned to Hyunjin, silently asking him to explain.
"I'm not quite sure. We were talking, and then Seungmin got a text and ran off somewhere." Hyunjin sounded nervous, "Did something happen?"

Crossing his arms, Chan mumbled, "Shit."

I looked between the two men, both curious and scared of what was happening.

"What did Seungmin do?" I meekly asked.

Surely he didn't do something stupid. Not when Y/N was in danger.

"He disobeyed direct orders from me that could cost him his life." Chan's voice was scarily cold. "In multiple ways," he added lightly.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

Chan's P.O.V.

11:58am

How dare he! I understand that he wanted to protect his friend. I mean, I would sacrifice myself for any of my members. But he knew that it would put the rest of us in danger, or at least he should know.

It didn't take a genius to realize that you can't keep your mouth shut forever when you're being tortured. Especially when your torturer was the notorious Yoon Jeonghan.

But no matter how pissed I was at Seungmin, I was beyond scared for him. I didn't want him to get hurt.

For right now, I have to ignore any emotions I feel and find the most rational way to get Seungmin back. And the first part of that was finding out where he was.

I called Jisung. "Hey, can you find the location of Seungmin's phone?"

"Uhh, sure. Why though?" His voice was tired. It sounded like he had just woken up.

"There's a ninety percent chance he traded himself for Y/N."

"Didn't you like specifically te-"