Ending One

Minghao's P.O.V.

9:55pm

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I gasp at Y/N. "Why would there be assassins after us?"

Y/N looks at me nervously, "Umm, according to my friend Seventeen is sending an assassin here."

"What friend?" I grab my phone, preparing to call Mingyu.

She sighs, "My other friend from the café. Apparently, she's part of NCT or something." Y/N says, her voice becoming more aggravated.

"Okay. Are you sure she's right?"

Y/N shoots me a look, seemingly saying "fuck you."

"I don't know." She starts to pace around the room. "But Jennie never sounds that nervous," she says more to herself than to me.

It was interesting to see Y/N like this. For some reason, I've never seen her look this stressed, even when we were being chased out of my old apartment.

"Okay, I'll call Mingyu and we'll try to figure out what's going on," I say, trying to make my tone softer than usual to calm down Y/N.

"Mhmm."

I walk out of the room to give Y/N space so I could comfortably call Mingyu. I dial his number and wait for him to pick up while I walk throughout the apartment.

"Hi Minghao."

"Hey, so uhh." I try to find what to say, "You need to come over."

"What?" Mingyu exclaims, "Did something happen?"

I sigh into the phone, "There's a possibility that Seventeen found out we're here and sent an assassin after us."

From Mingyu's side, I hear something clinking together. "I'll be over there in five minutes."

"Okay, sounds good." 

Mingyu hangs up the phone without saying bye. I head back into Y/N's room to tell her about Mingyu coming over, and to make see if she learned anything else from her friend.

As I'm about to knock on her door, Y/N opens it and walks out, and runs into me.

"Sorry." We both mumble at the same time.

"Mingyu will be over in a few minutes. We should be able to figure something out about whatever's happening," I say, trying to keep my voice sounding sure of what I was saying.

"Ahh, okay," She says, her tone more monotone than before.

We sit down at the kitchen counter, impatiently waiting for Mingyu to arrive.

I check the time to see it read, "10:17."

"He should have been here already."

"What?" Y/N asks, turning to me.

"Nothing, I just need to call Mingyu again." Moving out of the kitchen, I go and stand near the front door, willing for Mingyu to knock.

I call Mingyu and listen as the phone rings, again, and again, and again. Until eventually it ends without being answered. Sighing, I try again, listening as the phone ring until it asks I I would like to leave a voicemail.

I hit decline and push my phone back into my pocket.

"Maybe he just didn't bring his phone," I try to reassure myself.

When I walk back into the kitchen I see Y/N on her phone, typing something.

"Jennie said she doesn't know anything else about Seventeen," She says as I walk in, not bothering to look up. "What did Mingyu say?"