Chapter Fourteen

Picture of Nick Bateman as Tyler to the side. (He's also wearing what he wore to the dinner.)

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

"Have you had any panic attacks?"

"Not since the day the rouges wanted to speak with Tyler."

"How many meals do you have a day?"

"Two, maybe three."

"How much do you eat?"

"Half of my plate, usually."

"How many hours of sleep are you getting a night?"

"Five or six."

"Okay, Carter, everything seems to be going good."Mr. Camry stands from his desk. "Or at least getting better."

Currently, Tyler and I are sitting in a private room in the pack house infirmity. I needed a check up. My weight was being monitored. Tyler has kept track of everything I've eaten for the past two and a half months.

Aleks was sitting in the room, too. Tyler said that he was going to become the next Theta.

"One last thing and then you're free to go."Mr. Camry tells me.

"Okay."I nod.

"We're going to weigh you."

♡♡♡

"Carter! Would you stop your whining and get your fat ass over here!"My mother growled through her teeth. "I need to find out how much weight you need to lose!"

"Daddy says I'm too skinny."I told her with tears in my eyes. I'm six, it was my birthday in two months. I was a half a foot shorter than everyone in my grade.

"No, you're not. You're just short."My mother seethed as she walked over to my and grabbed onto my shoulders. She dug her nails in my skin as she dragged me over to the scale.

"No! Stop! Let me go! I don't want to!"I kicked and screamed and cried and struggled. I was so terrified of what that scale would say.

"Shut up!"My mother slapped me - stopping me from making any more noise. "Stand on the scale."

"Please don't make me."I sobbed.

"On. The. Scale. Now."My mother pushed me foreword, causing me to shakily step on to the scale. The numbers kept going up and up and up.

"38 pounds."My mother sighs. "Three feet tall and 38 pounds.

"You're such a disappointment."

♡♡♡

"Carter? Baby, what's wrong?"Tyler places a hand on my shoulder gently.

"Don't make me."My voice comes out as a barley audible whisper. "I-I can't..."

"It's alright, lovely."He leans down and kisses the top of my head.

"Alpha, we can't let her leave until we weigh her."Mr. Camry whispers as if I can't hear him.

"I'm not forcing her to do anything."Tyler growls at him.

"We don't have a choice here."Mr. Camry says. "I know you don't want to force her to do anything, but if she doesn't get weighed than she has to go back to the hospital until she's at a better weight."

My heart sinks at his words. The last thing I want to do is go back to that hospital room. I hated the doctors there.

"I-I'm sorry."I whisper, biting my lip to prevent tears from spilling out of my eyes.