Chapter Twenty Eight

I feel like my life is really sad because when I saw this picture, my immediate thought was: CYLER AF OMFG... Instead of a person in my real life that I like.Honestly, though...

GOALS. GOALS. GOALS.

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Do you remember getting that feeling on when you woke up on your birthday when you were a little kid? All the excitement, sleep deprivation, and pre-sugar high added up into one crazy emotion that you never want to end.

That's the feeling I get when I hear the garage door open after Tyler's been at work all day. I quickly jump out of bed and run down the stairs, stopping at about five away from the end of them. He opens the front door and smiles when he sees me.

"Baby! Baby!"I yell, extending my arms out so he can come over and hug me. He smiles at me and drops his bags off at the door.

"Careful, love."Tyler wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me in the air. I wrap my legs around his torso and cling to him. He begins to carry me back upstairs.

"I missed you."I bury my face in his neck and place a few kisses on his nape. He hugs me closer to him as I do this.

"I missed you, too."He presses his lips to my temple. "I hate leaving you."

"I hate being without you."I reply as he carries me into our bedroom.

He pulls back and kisses my softly. "I can't look at you without wanting to kiss you."

I smile. I love him, I love him so much. I'm in love with my best friend. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love him. Why can't I tell him that I love him?

My eyes meet his and a small smirk appears on his face. He places a few kisses on the side of my face, making sure to hold me tightly against him.

"You're perfect."I laugh, cupping his face with my hands.

"That's my line."He pouts, only causing me to smile more. I lean in and press my lips to his. "I suppose I'll allow it this time..."

Tyler kisses me again, this time more passionately. He nips at my bottom lip to ask for entrance, which I gladly comply. His tongue explores my mouth as my hands tangle in his hair.

Yet the kiss sadly ends shortly after...

He gently tosses me down onto the bed before disappearing into the bathroom to get ready for bed. I look over at the clock to see that it's almost midnight.

The past couple days, he's been working really late. Unlike before, he's been filling me in on a few things that are happening with the pack.

There have been groups of rogues staying in town without checking in with Ty first. Apparently rogues can roam where ever they want as long as they make their whereabouts known the the Alpha that owns the territory. Since they didn't schedule a meeting with him, they're trespassing and Landon is working on getting them kicked out.

I'm really happy that Tyler is finally allowing me to know things that are going on around here. It's my pack too and I don't intend on being a 'trophy Luna' as Lee says. But, he hasn't really informed me on the Sam situation though, which was expected.