Chapter Thirty One

Picture of Josh Hutcherson as Aleks to the side

-Unedited

A/N: I've rewritten this chapter five times... I'm happy with this version, but I also hate myself for some of the things I've written. Please don't kill me.

Also, please read my ending authors note. I think that it's probably my most important one yet.

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Soft music plays around the house as the night got late. I'm walking around in one of Tyler's white button ups and a pair of fuzzy socks and my hair up in a bun. Ty is in a pair of joggers and goofily smiling at me as I danced along.

He wraps his arm around my waist and begins to dance with me, more properly than I was alone. He keeps staring down and me and it makes me smile.

"I've always wanted to know what goes on in your head when you stare at me."I whisper quietly.

He chuckles. "I always think about how much I love you."

My heart sinks as I open my mouth to say it back, but nothing comes out. He's the only man I've ever loved.

"You're my everything."I whisper, cupping his face with my hands and gently pressing my lips to his. And I love you more.

"Can I ask you a question?"He asks, tucking my hair behind my ear, and I hum in response, leaning into his touch. "Fall in love with me?"

I feel my heart stop, and unlike every other time, I don't think.

"I already am."

He smiles happily down at me and I close my eyes for a moment, wanting to keep this memory locked in my head for the rest of my life. We're young and in love and no matter how old I grow, I know he'll be my constant.

"I-"A yawn interrupts my sentence and Tyler chuckles.

"Let's get you to bed, sweetheart."He smiles before lifting me up over his shoulder and carrying me up the stairs. Giggles escape my mouth as I cling to him, yet I know he would never drop me.

Tyler lays me down on the bed and lays on top of me, without putting any weight on me. He feathers kisses all over my face, causing me to giggle more.

"You make me so happy, you know that right?"He mumbles into my neck.

"You make me happy, too."I reply. "So happy."

He smiles against my skin which makes me smile. I love him.

We crawl into bed. He spoons me tightly against him, holding me as if I would slip away at any moment. He buries his face in my neck, placing soft kisses on my nape.

"I'm never going to fall asleep if you keep doing that."I mumble.

He chuckles in response, but continues kissing all along my neck and shoulder. His hands move my shirt up to my ribs, his fingers tracing along my skin as he does so.

"Tyler..."I begin to squirm but he tightens his hold on me.

I'm suddenly aware of how little I'm wearing. He must have felt me tense, because he begins to rub soothing circles on my hips. I feel myself relax into him, melting a bit more with each kiss. I close my eyes and exhale.