Chapter Twenty Seven

Picture of what Carter is wearing. I picked it because she has a very pastel aesthetic and I feel like it's very her. Idk... I like it c:

Thanks to the girl that wanted to be anonymous that emailed me this. Your messages were so sweet

*VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END*

Previously on His Broken Mate...

Jennifer invited the squad over for dinner, expecting it to be a bonding time for the whole group. But, she invited Sam which put the whole group off.

Tyler and Carter have been shaky lately. Ever since Sam came back, the two of them have had difficultly progressing in their relationship like they had been before.

Although Ty has told her a countless number of times, Carter has not said that she loves him back. This is killing him. He also is a bit paranoid when it comes to his girl's mental state. When someone you love suffers from any mental illness, it's terrifying.

Also, three character reminders that many people get messed up:

1.) Jennifer is Tyler's mother, not some random girl that he's sleeping with. I get this often.

2.) Liam was really chill and respectful towards Car in the beginning, but now is much different. I've said it before, I'll say it again, he's been acting like a teenage boy going through puberty and can't keep it in his pants.

3.) Aiden was joining the pack but he was killed by Nia (part of the rouge group that is associated with Carter's mother) the night Sam came back into town.

Carter Kelly's P.O.V.

Do you ever just look at someone and begin to hurt all over? It happens quite a few times in an average person's life and it's different each time.

For me, the biggest one was looking in the mirror. My reflection disappointed me more and more each time I saw it. I was raised to reach high standards that I could never achieve, and since then, I couldn't get away from them. It was like those dozens and dozens of standards were ruling over my life, constantly sitting at the back of my head.

Then I met Tyler and everything changed.

He had this way with words that constantly made me feel comforted, like I was home. Yes, the constant compliments and small speeches became repetitive, but they made me feel loved. They still do. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, I've never loved someone the way I love Tyler.

I love him more than I've loved anyone else. I loved him before I could even love myself. I love him more than I've ever hated myself.

Yet there's still this voice at the back of my head. Every time I get even remotely close to telling him how I feel, it convinces me not to. It's like there's still a part of me that knows that I'll never deserve him.

My old self used to push anyone who even tried to get close to me away. Mainly because I didn't want to leave any ties loose if I were to... you know.

I still can't bring myself to say it, I don't know when I ever will. I don't think anyone who hasn't had mental illness affect their lives somehow would understand that.