Chapter Five

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter to the side

-Unedited

Alpha Tyler Evans' P.O.V

"Good morning, Alpha."Mrs. Mathewson smiles as I walk into her small flower shop. Mrs. Mathewson is an older lady in her late seventies with gray hair and light, happy eyes who owns a little flower shop near the pack house. "What are you up to this morning?"

"My lovely, little Luna is at an appointment this morning and I want to get her something to cheer her up."I answer her with a small smile. "She likes yellow and pink roses, could you happen to put a bouquet of those together?"

"Of course, Alpha."Mrs. Mathewson. "Do you know her favorite color for the wrapping of it?"

"White."I tell her. She looks at me unsurely for a second, but simply nods and continues on with her work.

"Here you go, Alpha."Mrs. Mathewson hands me a beautiful bouquet of roses that I know Carter will love, I can already see her blush when I hand them to her. "I can type up a card for you if you like."

"That's alright, Mrs. Mathewson. Thank you, she'll love them."I smile warmly at her. I pay quickly before making my way back out to my car. I decided after seeing my girl a nervous wreck with tears running down
her beautiful face that I'd get her a few things to make her feel better.

"I hate seeing our princess cry."Benjamin, my wolf, growls.

"I'll cheer her up."I tell him. "I'll make sure of it."

I drive up to a toy store and park before walking in and head towards the stuffed animal section. I look among the stacks and stacks of them for a good ten minuets before laying eyes on a white bear that's about four feet tall with pale blue eyes and a light pink nose. Even though my girl's eyes are green, it reminded me of her.

"It's perfect."Benjamin comments. "It's basically as tall as her."

"Her height is so cute."I chuckle. "5'1, I can't wait until we have a little girl of our own that's just as tiny as she is."

"Carter needs to gain weight."Benjamin says sadly. "She's too thin, didn't her sister say she was around eighty-nine pounds?"

"She's gained some, I can tell."I answer. "We'll get her healthy again, and she's getting better. I think she was just too sad to eat, Ben."

"Let's hope."Benjamin grumbles.

I buy the bear for my girl quickly before setting off again. I can't get her chocolates, that would be insensitive. She likes books and I know she needs a few more books of that series she was reading the other night. I'll get her those, too. And then I'll take her out to lunch and a movie. That'll make her feel better.

I run into Barnes and Noble and buy her the other books in 'The Selection' serious before making my way back to the pack house. When I pull up to the driveway, Dr. Candice is walking out to her car. I get out to talk to her.

"How'd it go?"I ask her. "Is she okay? Please tell me she didn't cry."

"She's alright, Alpha Evans."Dr. Candice calms me slightly. "It'll get better as the appointments go on."

"What did you ask her about? And what did she talk about? What-"

"She asked me not to tell you anything."Dr. Candice cuts me off. "She wants things private."

"Why would she-"

"She said she wanted you to find things out as time went on."Dr. Candice throws her bag into her car before getting in herself. "Ask her questions if you like but do not force her to answer them."