Chapter Eight

Picture of Nick Bateman as Tyler to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

I've thought about what it would be like to fall in love. If I would see the person I would spend the rest of my life with standing right in front of me and identify them. Or if I would simply get ignored by them like I do by everyone else, just walk by them and not even know that we could fall into something that I've been afraid of my entire life.

Love.

I don't even know how to explain something so insane, so terrifying and strange.

I have never been in love, but I have loved people. Five people, to be exact and four of them have completely left me behind.

My mom, the one who brought me here. The one who was supposed to love and nurture me, care fore me when I'm sick and hold me when I cry. But she hated me, wanted me dead, left not only me but also my entire family. I stopped loving her a long time ago.

My dad, the one who kept me safe. Protected me from my mother, helped me with homework, and coached my soccer team. He died and that's when the cutting began.

My brother, Nate, who I will miss more than anymore because of how much he did for me. He beat up bullies, told off my mom when she was still around, and never and I mean never broke one of his promises to me.

My sister, the only one who hasn't left. The one who taught me girl things, helped me with hopeless little crushes on boys who hated me, kept me alive for so long.

And finally, my best friend, Sam, who died three weeks after graduation. The boy who I met in group therapy and wouldn't leave me alone after that. The one who wouldn't let me be by myself after my dad died and held me when my brother died. But he wasn't there when he himself died...

After Sam was gone, I realized that he was the only man I could see myself being in love with. Sam was the kind of guy who bought me presents because he would see things in a store and think of me, the kind of guy who bought my flowers when I was having a bad day, the kind of guy who I could call at three in the morning asking for chocolate when I was on my period and he was at my house within five minuets.

So, I guess I should bring you back to where we left off.

The kiss that led to hell...

♡♡♡

Tyler's eyes stare into mine, his hot, minty breath was fanning over my face because we're both out of breath.

"I can't tell you how badly I've wanted to do that."Tyler whispers. I open my mouth to reply to hide the fact I was blushing so hard but I get interrupted by a car horn.

Both Tyler and I's heads snap into the direction of the noise and see a car coming our way.

My first instincts tell me to close my eyes and brace myself for impact, but I also cling onto Tyler. Who gets the same idea as me I guess because he quickly lifts me up and wraps my legs around his waist.

But he only takes a few steps to the side, out of the way of the car which stops right next to us.

"Landon, what do you want?"Tyler asks, I attempt to turn around to look at Landon but fail miserably because of the way Tyler's holding me - he turns to the side so we both can look at his beta.

"I got word from the Deltas."Landon says, gripping the steering wheel tightly with one hand and running a hand nervously through his hair with the other.

"Why didn't you just mind link me?"Tyler growls out.

"You blocked us all out, Ty!"Landon says. "This is important and we need to leave now, I'll explain things on the way."