Chapter Thirty Two

Picture of Shailene Woodley as Lee to the side

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

"Tyler?"I ask quietly. "Can you stay with me again?"

"You don't need to ask, love."He gives me a small smile and my heart flutters.

"Thank you."I smile back. He goes to pull up a chair, but I grab his wrist. "Like the other night."

He smiles wider and gets in the bed next to me. "I sleep better when you hold me."

"Good."He nuzzles the nape of my neck and smiles against my skin. "The more I can hold you, the better."

A smile creeps onto my face and my heart rate picks up again. I feel like I'm so aware of my heart beating since I know he can hear it.

His arms pull me closer to his chest and my hands instinctively cover over his. This feels so right.

"I always f-feel so safe when I'm in your arms."

"That's because you are. I'm never going to hurt you, baby."

"I know."

He kisses my mark and a shutter, causing him to smile against my skin again. "Go to sleep lovely.

He didn't need to tell me twice.

♡♡♡

"How did they get her?"A hushed voice asks. "I told Landon how to keep her safe before he let me leave!"

The voice harshly woke me from my peaceful dream. My back and side ache from sleeping on concrete. Dreaming of being in Tyler's arms made me miss him so much more.

"I don't know, she hasn't told me."A new voice, Aleks I think. "That's not the point. They killed Hudson, Sam. Right in front of her. I don't know how much more loss she can take."

"She shouldn't have lost any at all."Sam sighs. "She hasn't deserved anything she's been through."

"She wasn't supposed to have anymore."Aleks agrees. "I was going to protect her, so was Tyler too, fuck even Liam was supposed to. We all were going to keep her safe, try to make her happy."

"You did. I've never seen her so... "Sam pauses. "So alive."

I blink my eyes open and see Aleks sitting with his legs criss-crossed at the very edge of his cell, Sam kneeling on the other side. They're five inches apart, staring at each other. Aleks is smiling so contently, but Sam's expression is hard to read.

"What are they going to do to us?"Aleks asks.

"They have to kill her before she turns nineteen."Sam replies. "We only have a few days-"

"So they're going to kill me, then her, and then what's their plan?"

"Daman can't really be the strongest werewolf alive until he kills his only weakness."He answers. "Carter is the only thing that can destroy him. Once she's gone, he can control anyone or anything. He wants to start an army of rogues. He wants to convert every werewolf to rogues, starting with-"