Chapter Three

Picture of AnnaSophia Robb as Carter (with curly hair) to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

Tyler and me managed to watch the entire Harry Potter series within two days and then a Disney movie marathon for the next four. He didn't talk much during the movies, which I appreciated. I hate it when people talk during movies and on top of that, I didn't really want to talk all that much. He makes me nervous.

Currently, I'm sitting in bed slowly and reluctantly eating the usual bowl of raspberry non-fat yogurt he has brought me every day, and he's sitting in his usual chair going through emails on his phone so he can keep up with what's going on with his pack.

We've gone through all of the Disney movies Hudson had brought and I'm sure Tyler would get me any movie I ask for, but I don't want anyone to go through the trouble. So, after a little begging, he let's me watch a Barbie movie marathon. I don't care how old I am, nothing beats a Barbie movie marathon.

The opening scene of Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses plays and Tyler pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I can't believe I'm going to watch this."Tyler sighs and looks over at me, I'm wearing amused smile on my face. It's weird that a huge, big, strong guy like him is watching a movie made for eight-year-old little girls. "The things I do for you already..."

"Shhh, this is my favorite one."I giggle. "It reminds me of this book called Entwined and I loved that book so much when I was younger. I read it nineteen times."

"You like to read?"Tyler asks, locking his phone and setting it down on the bedside table.

"I love to read."I smile widely. "There's something about getting lost in a whole different world and living as another person just for chapters upon chapters...It's my favorite thing to do."

Tyler smiles warmly at me and looks down at the tray of food in front of me. Today I drank the entire glass of milk, maybe half of the yogurt, along with all the fruit and granola. He smiles widely at me again. He stands up and hands me the hot chocolate before leaning down and kissing my forehead and murmuring a, "Good girl."
He takes the tray and sets it on one of the dressers across the room. He knows I wouldn't eat any more of it.

"How are you feeling today, little one?"Tyler asks me as he sits back down in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Good."I respond simply, it's my normal response. I'm not fine anymore, I'm not necessarily good either. "I'm better."

"That's good."Tyler smiles again. "We're going back to the pack house tomorrow."

"We are?"I raise my eye brow as I take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"We have to watch your diet closely, but yeah."Tyler explains. "I know that you're uncomfortable here and the doctors at the infirmary at the pack house can watch your diet there. So, I'd rather have you comfortable at home instead of being locked up in here."

A small part of me wants to correct him for saying that I'd be at home, which I won't be. Home is back at Hudson and mine's house with two floors and a creepy attic that we've been too scared to go up into since the day we moved in. That's home.

"When are leaving?"I say, attempting to ignore the comment.

"Tomorrow around noon."Tyler answers. "I just want you to know, the pack knows I found you and that they have a Luna, but I won't pressure you into meeting them. Eventually we'll have dinner with a few of the high ranked members of the pack, but that won't be for a while. I want you to be comfortable and settled in before that happens."