Afreen 🌺 Part 9 🌺

Afreen

Part 9

"Dua aap ki classes kab se bache?" Junaid asked his daughter in law. It was not a hidden fact that Dua was looking for the admissions in the masters and her entrance score has enabled her to get admission in only of the top universities she wanted.

"Wo Taya abbu abhi humne admission procedure complete nahi kiya hai," she didn't complete her words not saying any particular reason and her babajaan looked at Dua and Shayaan. Shayaan who was listening to Dua chose to be quiet at that moment.

He didn't knew much about her admissions for it was only just a conversation he had two months back and then he was dragged into the ultimate mayhem named Marriage to someone he couldn't find himself to even think and relate. Shayaan shrugged off his thoughts as he found the incomplete words of his wife and the piercing eyes of his uncle.

He sighed knowing what was expected from him but then he wanted to know the situation more rather than giving his views on something he didn't knew. But he would make sure that she would do whatever her heart desire.

"I will see the admission bhai, Dua ne mujhe bola tha.." Zubair spoke finally not wanting his daughter to be a sacrificial lamb anymore.

Shayaan's silence was evident and it was a proof that things were pretty difficult at that time. But before Zubair Asif Khan could say anything more, his mother chose to give her insight on the situation.

"Abhi toh shadi hui hai Junaid, kitni saari zimmedariyan hain kahan waqt milega abhi inhen," Daadijaan spoke and shayaan was shocked.

He looked at Dua whose eyes were downcasted. She wasn't saying anything. Shayaan was about to say but Zubair made his mother understand.

"Ammi Dua ke admission ke papers hi jama karwane hain bas, aur abhi itni zimmedariyan nahi sambhal sakti hain Dua ek saath." Zubair knew that being the begum of the Nawab comes the responsibilities but he did not want his daughter to be an object of sacrifice now.

Some where in the back of his mind, he was regretting his decision of marrying her off in this age. His daughter wasn't even twenty and she was expected to take care of the matters that were too vast and gruesome in nature.

"Zubair tum jaante ho pehle hi kitne log hain jinka muh band karwana mushkil ho gaya hai, Ab hum kisi aur ko mauka nahi de sakte hain ki is khandaan ki choti begum par ungli uthane ka, pehle hi Armeena ki wajah se bahut pareshani hui hai."

Didn't you know this before daadijaan? Shayaan thought.

Even though there was nothing out about Armeena being the prospective bride but still there were talks about it. Even though  Shahbaad wasn't a big place but their province was, but the Nawabs were the big name having multiple connections.

Now that Dua was married to Shayaan, they have to be careful if anything can malign the name of the Haveli and the Khans.

Zubair looked Shayaan expecting him  to say anything but the boy was cool as a cucumber, even Asif sahab didn't said anything.

"Par ammi," he protested but was immediately cut off.

"Ek nayi naveli dulhan roz bahir jate achi lagegi, yeh sheher nahi hai zubair, Dua ka nikkah nahi hua tha tab tak hamein koi masla nahi tha lekin ab cheezen badal gayi hain. Samajne ki koshish kariye Zubair. Kuch mahine ruk jaiye phir Dua apni taleem mukammal karlengi." The confident flair of Aadila Begum was enough for everyone to remain quiet until they heard the polished British accent mixed with urdu.

The words that were expected sometime back.

"Chachu could you please hold the position of Nawab for two more years?" This time it was shayaan who spoke and his words made Junaid look at his son, even Naziya begum was looking at the unsolved mystery called Shayaan Junaid khan.