Beholding Trust - Part 7

Beholding Trust

Part 7

Daadi, Shahyaan knocked the door of his daadijaan. The regal and pious lady had been his rock when he lost his parents at the age of fourteen. His one younger brother and his parents died in a road accident and since then, he had been living with his daadijaan.

Saira Noor Jahangir was a tough lady, a lady who knew the intricacies of the world. She and her husband had brought up Shahyaan. Saira had been active participant in the business as well, her husband believed in her abilities and she had helped him when they had crises, as a result she was modern in her approach. she knew that changes are necessary and she transformed herself well with the society.

"Aap, yahan is waqt kya kar rahen hain shahyaan?" Saira asked her grandson as she kept the book that she was reading aside and gave him space to lie down in her lap.

Their usual routine consisted of their own time. It was as a mechanism of coping after Shayaan lost his family.

He didn't said anything just lied down. She caressed his hair and asked him about the usual.

"Daadi agar mera koi beta ya beti hoti toh kya Asbah use accept karleti?" He asked after sometime.

Saira didn't knew what had happened but she clearly remember how Shayaan had come to her months back when he was having a doubt if his wife was happy.

"Aap aisa kyun puch rahen hai bache?" Her words made him stood up and he looked at his grandmother. There was a shadow of dark emotion in his eyes and he finally told her.

"Mujhe pta chal gaya ki Asbah khush kyun nahi hai Daadi. Woh hoti toh yahan hai par uska dil kahin aur.."

"Kya matlab hai aapka Shahyaan?"

Saira was shocked, that would be an understatement. The first thing that came in her mind was if Asbah wanted seperation. Anyone could have, the way his words sounded like. Shayaan held his daadi's hands and eased her tensed expression.

"She is not mentally present here daadi. Aur wo hogi bhi kaise, when her daughter is not here with her mother. Uski beti nahi hai uske paas daadi. Aapko pata tha zaara ke baare mein?"

He asked his grandmother for the clarification. He knew that his daadijaan wasn't like this but he needed some clarifications. He was feeling deceived from the moment he came to know about zaara.

"Yeh aap keh rahen hai Shayaan.. beti? Asbah had a child? Aapko kaise pata chala? Aur hamen yeh sab kyun nahi pata? Ya Allah.. itna bada sach chupaya humse."

Saira was having no clue that this could be the reason of the aloofness of her grand daughter in law. She had observed Asbah and had thought that she needed time for adjustment but she didn't knew that Asbah had done everything to make this relationship work, she killed a part of her soul to make it work.

"She is having a daughter Daadi, that baby girl is not even a year old daadi. Shayaan quickly pulled out his cell phone and showed her the pics that he clicked of zaara. He couldn't got enough of this little angel.

His angel.. he didn't have a second thought when he thought of her as his own daughter, infact he felt a surge of happiness within himself.

"Yeh dekhen daadi, kitni choti hai wo." Even there was a trepidation in his voice. He was giddy, anxious and had so many emotions running parallely.

He was fourteen when he lost his parents and this little angel lost them when she doesn't even know who are they, what are parents.

Saira Noor looked at the pictures and the baby in the picture resembled every bit of Asbah.