Afreen 🌺Part 15🌺

Afreen

Part 15

"Dua won't be attending the classes for a week."  Shireen informed the gang who were settled on the corner table in the cafeteria of their University campus. The place that was actually secluded much to give them much needed silence if they wanted to study.

Mahi sipped her cold coffee and listened to her friends. She was usually the one who would focus more on food rather than gossip. She was the keen observer of the group.

"Par kyun? Ek dum achanak se kya ho gaya? Aur project? We are supposed to submit it by Wednesday." Daniyal asked Shireen who had taken her seat by now. Except mahi all of them were paired together for the project. Mahi was unfortunately left to deal with the others.

"How can she do this yaar, last minute par uska kaam kon karega? Mere se toh apna hi nahi ho raha.". Daniyal cribbed only to get whacked by Mahi.

"Stop being dramatic.." her one glare was enough for him to shut his mouth. But he was already imagining the late nights in the next two days. He knew that Dua must have some work that was the reason, she was not attending he can't just blame her. Last time, she had helped him a lot.

"Shireen you and I will have to compensate for her work.." Daniyal spoke but before he could complete, a voice interrupted making him cool at that instant only.

"She had sent me the project on the Saturday. Thode se minor changes the and that I did myself. So, there won't be any problem and Mrs. Rehana said there wouldn't have any problem if Dua is not present at the time of presentation." Affan sipped his coffee as he told them the information that was needed whilst simultaneously his eyes were fixated on the book with his reading glasses perched on his nose.

"Shukar Allah!!!"  Came a prompt reply from Daniyal and he snatched a bunch of fries from mahi's plate to eat.

"Finally I can eat in peace", he commented as he gobbled a handful of fries.

Mrs. Rehana Sayeed was the lady in late fifties and the Head of department too. She was strict and does not condone any unnecessary mistakes that they have understood a month before.

"Acha suno, mujhe lagta hai last weekend jaroor kuch hua tha.. Dua was shaken up pretty badly."  Mahi told them what she had observed removing her gaze from her friend daniyal who was eating like crazy.

Mahi told what she had observed, it was only after their first lecture, Dua had told her and Shireen that she was going home, Mahi had observed the state of her friend and concluded that something must have happened.

Her words got the attention of the three even though Daniyal was still eating but in a slower speed now. Meanwhile, Affan closed his book and removed his glasses and Shireen looked at Mahi in anticipation.

"Nahi, aisa kuch nai hai.. University mein kya hoga... yahan par security hai, cameras hain.. aisa toh kuch nai hoga.." Daniyal shrugged off mahi's concern.

It was one of the top universities and this university doesn't have any scandals like others.

Shireen observed Mahi and passed a signal, acknowledging her concern. Both of them were at the conclusion that something had definitely happened and that too in the University.

She had met Dua when she had arrived in the morning and Dua was completely fine there was nothing wrong with her and then suddenly she excused herself and rushed home.

"It was actually after first lecture, Dua had excused herself to go to Professor Laiba and professor Laiba kya dua ko itna dara dengi ki wo ghar chali jaye.." Shireen commented answering Daniyal's words.