LEMON LuNa: We

We're kinda drunk, but that's okay. It's normal. The night was - is - spent drinking ourselves into a stupor because the New World is a bitch to the newbies, and we may be able to handle it, but it wears down on us. We found a normal-ish island where the only odd things are the mutations of the creatures and locals. Sanji's face was pretty funny when he mistook one of the men for a woman and flirted with him for roughly an hour.

I've drunk almost everyone under the table, the exception being Zoro. Chopper, Franky and Robin don't drink, but I'm pretty sure I would beat them anyway. Though I bet Robin would be a serious competitor, the sneaky woman. Usopp and Luffy are mumbling incoherently, slumped over the table and giggling at random intervals. Sanji's already passed out and Brook started going off key a few hours ago.

Zoro's alcohol tolerance amazes me, but after a while both of us have gone past the 'happy buzz' stage and into 'slightly drunk'. That's when everyone mutually agrees that it's time to turn in. Chopper and Franky start helping Usopp and Sanji to their bunks, while Luffy's insane digestive system has already processed the alcohol and I'm pretty sure he's fine by now. The others start heading off to bed, Robin dragging a half-asleep Zoro and Brook tottering behind them. The skeleton has to use his cane to keep upright, and I vaguely wonder how someone without internal organs can get drunk in the first place. Well, at least he won't hurt his liver with it.

Luffy, as one of the more sober ones, helps me to my feet and separates my hand from the bottle I have been downing for the last half hour or so. Everything's kinda funny and wobbly, but nothing I can't handle.

Alright, I'll admit that I'm pretty wasted now, because I can't remember a time when I've been so attracted to Luffy. He's my stupid rubber captain, and it's sometimes hard to see him as more than a child. One of my arms is slung around his shoulder, my side pressed against his and I can feel quite a bit. My skin feels hot, but it doubles with brushes of skin-to-skin contact. It must have been those two awful years apart, I decide, that and the fact that Luffy walks around with the front of his shirt open constantly. I've seen him without a shirt before, but every single day? I also admit that I sort of like it, and that painful looking scar is kind of hot on him.

Over these past two years we've all changed a little; a bit more mature, a bit more audacious, a bit more powerful looking, stronger, fluffier (in Chopper's case), and definitely more confident, for all of us. Instead of just the idiotic aura I get from my captain I get the feeling that he may actually have an inkling of what he's doing instead of wandering around blind, hoping that we don't run into people who can kick our asses instead of the other way around. It's almost like he's more ... captain like, which is a scary thought.

And even then, I don't have to worry because I've changed a little and everyone changed a little but we're still the same people we've come to know and love.

"Get some sleep, Nami," Luffy chuckles and pats my head like I'm some sort of puppy. I need to lean against the door of the women's quarters so that I don't stumble and fall flat on my face. Being drunk in heels isn't exactly the best idea ever. Next time, I should take off the shoes.

I can't help myself, and Luffy looks so cuddly, so I hug him from behind when he turns to leave and bury my face between his shoulder blades. That red cardigan smells of smoke and the sea. He laughs and lets me hug him for a few moments before trying to separate me from him so that he can go to bed too. But I don't want to let go; his back is warm and my fingers are cold and I'm getting this warm liquid feeling through my entire body. He turns in my arms so that he can face me and smiles, "Nami, you're drunk, let me go to sleep."

"Hmm, no, I don't think so. I'm drunk enough to finally do this, so don't make me regret it later," I say with a slight slur, and I've been planning this for weeks, though I decided it would be a lot easier to get myself drunk before trying. Alcohol is forever the social lubricant. I cup his face in my hands and pull him down to me so that I can kiss him. It's wet and hot and sloppy, because both of us have it kinda blurry and I'm sure he's confused out of his mind or just too surprised to act. So much for Haki; he never saw this one coming.