LEMON NaLu: If You Can't Take the Heat

If You Can't Take the Heat

This wasn't supposed to turn out this way, Lucy thought dimly are she stared at the boy looming over her, a feral grin on his handsome face and his dark eyes twinkling in amusement. How did I lose control of this situation so quickly again?

Oh yeah, she remembered dazedly. I bit off way more then I could chew

Two Weeks Earlier

"Hey, Lucy. Can I ask you a question?"

Said girl looked up at her friend behind the bar with a curious smile and a tilt of her head, her blond hair falling forward to brush against her rosy cheeks.

"Yeah, of course you can, Mira-chan."

The white haired girl behind the counter paused and looked to be in deep thought as she contemplated how to phrase her question. Her blue eyes connected with Lucy's brown ones searchingly. Absently, her hands wiped down the already spotless bar top.

"Have you ever thought that Natsu was...attractive?"

Lucy choked on her sip of water, her eyes beginning to tear up as she struggled to get air through her passage ways. Beside her, Gray looked up in alarm and wacked her back harshly to try and help her. Coughing weakly, she sent a grateful smile his way, which he returned a little hesitantly before turning back to his conversation with Erza.

Turning back to Mira, Lucy's eyebrows slammed together as she frowned at her friend. "What did you just ask me?" she asked incredulously.

Mira smiled a little, looking over Lucy's shoulder to make sure Natsu was still occupied with his heated 'discussion' with Gajeel. She turned back to Lucy and leaned forward a little, gesturing for Lucy to do the same.

When Lucy was close enough, Mira asked again, her voice a low murmur in the typical loud atmosphere of the guild. "Have you ever found Natsu attractive?"

Lucy stared at her friend as if she had grown another head. A blush stole up her neck and colored her cheeks a vibrant red as she looked away from the other woman's knowing gaze. Deciding to be honest, even if it was embarrassing, Lucy confessed, "I mean sure. How could a girl look at him and not think he was attractive? But that doesn't mean I'm attracted to him."

Mira chuckled and leaned back, reaching down to grab a beer mug and begin cleaning out the dust that had collected inside of it. Sneaking her friend a secretive look, she had to suppress a smirk and feigned innocence. "Well, even though he's like a brother to me, I've always known he was attractive. And I can't help but wonder..."

Unconsciously, Lucy leaned toward her friend, her brown eyes wide and curious. "Wonder what?"

Finally allowing the smirk to cross her features, she lowered her voice a bit. "I always wondered what he would do if someone tried to seduce him."

Lucy reared back as if she had been struck, "What?" Her shout caught the attention of the topic of their conversation.

"Hey, Lucy," he called, leaning back from the table to catch her eyes. "You okay?"

Flashing him a weak smile, she only nodded in response before turning back to Mira, who was trying unsuccessfully to muffle her chuckles. Natsu frowned in confusion as he watched the two girls converse. He saw Lucy whisper something urgently to the still laughing Mira, her face a bright red. Shaking his head, he decided to ignore them in favor of turning to challenge Gajeel to another fight, though the other Dragon Slayer only looked at him in boredom.

"Why in the world would you wonder something like that?" Lucy hissed to Mira. Chuckling, her friend only shook her head.

"It was just one of those things that popped into my mind during a slow day. Wouldn't it interest you to watch him get seduced? He's so oblivious when it comes to the opposite sex; I think it would be worth watching him get so unraveled and flustered." She shrugged and grinned at Lucy. "I meant nothing by it."