LEMON NaLu: Smoke and Peaches

Smoke and Peaches

It was Lucy's favorite scent. Why? Because the first time they made love, it was all she could smell when she fell asleep in his arms...

How it had started, neither of them knew, exactly. One moment they were sitting together at her kitchen table, enjoying a nice plate of mangos and peaches, having a meaningless conversation, and the next...they were on the floor in a tangled mess, the fruit strewn across the table and its juice dripping down the sides of the counters. Had it been any other person, Lucy supposed it wouldn't have been as awkward and that they might've just sprung back up and worried about the sticky mess on her table and countertops... But...unfortunately, the person now straddling her, both of his knees caging her hips and his eyes bearing into hers, was Natsu.

And, the heavens knew that neither of them would be able to bounce back up after something like this. Because, well, neither of them really wanted to move. So neither of them dared to.

Lucy stayed pleasantly trapped underneath of him, feeling the heat of his body radiating in nearly tangible waves and smelling that scent of smoke-not the cigarette kind, but the campfire kind-and peaches that clung to his body; it was a bit intoxicating and it made her feel dizzy. Vaguely, she wondered how such a combination-smoke and peaches-could smell so good... But, the thought was pushed to the back of her mind as she watched, with bated breath, as he suddenly licked his dry lips.

"Luce..." he said in a strange voice, his eyes tearing from hers and traveling down her body.

She looked different underneath him, he thought. Maybe it was the lighting, but, with her loose hair spilled across the cold tiles of the kitchen floor, and her big, big brown eyes blinking up at him from underneath those thick lashes, and her full lips pressing together, he found that it was a good sort of different.

An excellent sort of different, really. She looked absolutely angelic at the moment.

Those full lips of hers parted, drawing his immediate attention. "Natsu...I..." But her voice died off. Mostly because he licked his lips again.

His lips... She shivered. She'd never really stared at his lips before, preferring much more to stare at his eyes which were always so expressive and unhindered. But, his lips at this moment had her full attention. She didn't know why, though. They looked rough, dry and cracked, as though he'd never even heard of lip balm; still, she couldn't tear her eyes away.

And Natsu noticed this. She was staring right back at him. He didn't mind as much, because he, too, was staring at her-but not at her eyes, which usually held his attention. It was her lips that held him now-they looked moist, soft as a cloud, and so, so pink, just like the rest of her. He wanted to lean back though, because he didn't want to be caught staring at her mouth. She tended to hit him if he stared at her body for long periods of time, claiming that he was being a 'lecherous pervert'.

At the same time, he didn't want to lean back. She could go ahead and call him a pervert if she liked, but he just wanted to stare at her face some more...stare at her, and wonder, foggily, what it would be like...to feel those soft lips against his own. He blinked. That was crossing the line-he was not supposed to imagine what it was like to, of all things, kiss his partner. It was an unspoken taboo.

Beneath him, Lucy watched as his eyes changed ever so slightly-they were filled with confusion and with something else. He couldn't have looked more adorable though, in her opinion, with his tanned face flushed, his cracked lips pursing in thought, his pink brows drawing together and his eyes widening but filling with restraint. He appeared torn over something-and about that something, Lucy had no clue. But, what she did know was this: one, he was straddling her, and two, she wasn't minding it the least bit. It puzzled her the more she thought about it, really. She'd never liked it when Natsu had cornered her before, or stalked her into her bathroom, or even snuggled into her bed. What made mounting her so different?