LEMON LuNa: Promise Me

Promise Me

It took a long time, but the Straw Hat crew were finally close. Close to the goal that their idiotic, but strong and determined Captain dreamed about everyday since he was entrusted with the Straw Hat that he had on top of his head. Luffy was close to Raftel and close...to becoming the King of the Pirates and finding the One Piece.

The Straw Hat Pirates were all celebrating into the night as they knew that once the sun rose the next morning, they will face their toughest adversary yet. They danced, they feasted, they laughed and they had occasional fights that were ended by Nami, most of which involved Sanji and Zoro. Luffy was having the most fun with the crew that he had risked his life for and wouldn't have gotten as far as he did without them. He really did love his crew mates from the bottom of his heart.

Throughout the entire night the Straw Hats partied, Nami couldn't keep her eyes off Luffy. She was really happy for the rubber man that fell from the sky that day all those years ago. At first, she thought he was just someone who she could use as her way out of stealing a map of the Grand Line, but how the times and opinions changed. Now he was her Captain. The Captain of the pirate crew she was glad she was a part of. She got to meet so many beautiful sights and places and met some of the most courageous and remarkable people she had ever met.

Sure there were times where she wished she was back home in the safe and comfort of Bellemere's tangerine grove, but she never regretted her decision to join Luffy on his voyage to become the King of the Pirates. Luffy had done so much for her that no matter what she had done or will do for him, she didn't believe that she could ever repay him. Sure she navigated him towards his goal, but to her, she felt like it wasn't enough.

As it got deeper into the night, Nami sneaked away quietly from the others to get some fresh air on the other side of Sunny, as well as some alone time to think about things. Despite going all the way to the other side of the ship, the noise the crew made was still very audible. She smiled to herself as she walked over to the railing and laid her elbows on it. She looked out to the sea and smiled to herself. They were so close to finally helping Luffy become the Pirate King. She couldn't wait to see how he would react to when he finally finds the One Piece, granted it was really there. However, she never doubted that it wouldn't be there and neither did Luffy. Whatever they find on Raftel, regardless of what it is, she wouldn't be disappointed and she knew that Luffy wouldn't be either. However, they knew it wouldn't be easy. 'They' were there. The group of pirates that stood in their way. She knew that they would fight it out and she knew that she and the others wouldn't lose.

However, Nami had this feeling in her chest that something horrible was going to happen. Normally, she would have this feeling whenever Luffy got her and the others into one of his crazy schemes, but this time...it was different. This time, it made her truly afraid. She didn't know why, but it did.

"Oi Nami! What are you doing?" Nami gasped and turned around to see Luffy smiling at her.

"Oh it's just you Luffy...don't sneak up on me like that..." She told him, frowning.

"Shishishi, sorry. So what are you doing?" He asked again.

"Just thinking..." She turned back around to the sea.

"Oh? What about?" He asked as he walked forward and leaned his elbows on the railing like her.

"Just about everything we've been through...people we met..." She replied with a soft smile.

"I see." He put on that contagious grin. The two of them stayed silent after that. Listening to the sounds of the waves crashing into the Sunny felt soothing. Nami eyed at Luffy from the corner of her eyes. His Straw Hat gently rocked back and forth whenever a breeze blew. "Ne...Luffy?"