ZeLink: Starry Starry Night

Starry

Starry, Starry Night

By Kurai Hitokiri

------------

'The Light of Hyrule,' 'The Savior, 'The Green Knight'... These are just a few of the various titles that Link of the Kokiri, the Hero of Time, has acquired over the vast many years that I have known him. However, to me he is Link, the friend... and love.

It's probably been close to two years since Link took up residence at the castle as my protector, and already so much has happened.

Link has stopped many attempts on my life, bested me various times at little contests with weapons, sassed the council and disbanded them after he uncovered a dirty scheme they tried to pull, and last but not least, won my heart.

Sometimes I cursed the fact that his smiles made my legs go weak, that his words would soothe my very soul, and that he alone could make me smile and laugh. I hated him because he left me for a few months to visit the newly established village called Ordon for a few months without telling me.

Oh, I hated the man so much, but I loved him more than I could bear.

However, no matter how much I loved him, that still didn't change the fact that Link was a prideful man who would rather have his stomach split open and be whipped half to death before confessing his emotions to me.

If he did love me, how was he able to hide his emotions? He acted perfectly normal around me, smiling and making rude and humorous remarks. I was barely able to contain my emotions when I was near him, staring at his handsome blue eyes and Goddess carved face not to mention-. Ah Goddesses, I sound like a lovesick pig, do I not?

Somehow I would drag the emotions that Link felt from me out into the open. How yet, I don't know.

------------

"Whoa, Princess, are you trying to kill me?!" Link cried out as he dodged a particularly strong wipe of my blade. Throwing a few back flips, he looked up at me, cocking his eyebrows. "Jeez, if you're gonna be this violent, maybe I shouldn't have taught you!"

"Shut up and fight," I hissed between clenched teeth. I rushed at Link with my sword aloft, bringing it down to a totally unguarded side of his body, only to have his blade meet mine again in a shower of sparks. "I'm still mad at you."

"Why, what'd I do to make you want to lop off my head, Highness?" Link asked, shoving my blade from his and throwing a series of complex moves, all of which I dodged easily.

"For leaving Hyrule Castle for months without telling me," I replied, slamming my blade into his with force that made Link stagger on his feet.

"Yep, I'm definitely not going to be sparring with you for a while," Link muttered.

"I need a way to relieve my stress, Sir Link. You just happen to be the unfortunate soul that I express my rage on," I grinned. Wow, I was beginning to sound like Link! Still, I couldn't help but notice how elegantly he moved while handling a blade... something to really admire about the blonde hero.

In my dazed form, Link was able to jump over my petrified person and grabbed me in a bear hug so that I couldn't move my sword arm. Little did he know that he was unintentionally causing me to almost faint in his strong and warm arms. To be held so close to Link felt oddly right...

"I win... again," Link said, releasing me (to my disappointment) from his hold. He smiled that annoying little smirk that he cracked every time victory was his. That smirk used to make me incredibly mad, but now that I had seen it so many times, all I did was roll my eyes.