LuNa: The Gossips

LuNa: The Gossips

Luffy glowered at Sanji who only frowned, and pulled the pack away, "No, you said you were quitting."

"Just one!"

"Forget it," he said, lighting one of the cigarettes to smoke it himself. "You gave these to me, Luffy, so I'm not giving any to you. Understood?"

He twitched, staring at him and the cigarette before he turned away with a groan.

"It's your own fault," Usopp said, raising a brow at him.

Luffy returned to sorting through his clothes to toss out all the new ones he had bought.

"Eh? Hey, Straw Hat, you going to return those or what? What if your girl really did like 'em?" Blinking, Luffy looked at Franky.

"She's my girl?" His eyes widened, and he stood up straight just as the cigarette dropped from Sanji's gaping mouth, "She's my girl! Hahaha!"

Zoro and Usopp smacked the air, "You just realized!?"

"Hold it there, asswipe."

Brook stood in front of Sanji then, facing Luffy, "Yes, wait, I would still like a pair of those panties."

"Hey!"

Zoro raised his hand, "He can have a pair, but I want the rest."

"Shut your mouth, cactus!" Sanji punted the skeleton out of the way before stomping toward Luffy, "You can't say she's yours just yet! Nami-san's still upset with you. Remember, you got what you wanted. She's miserable now."

"I can fix that," he said.

"Don't say baseless things, halfwit!"

"I'll do it right now!" He said, "Nami doesn't need to miserable anymore!"

With such said, he turned to go, slamming the door shut behind him before he raced to the girls' room. When he poked his head in, and only saw Robin who smiled at him, he left to go search the other rooms.

He found her on the stern's balcony.

!#&()+

She blinked at the sight of him before turning to face the ocean, "It's fine. The joke's over, okay? The wedding's off."

"Okay."

Biting her lip, Nami put her hand on the railing to steady herself. She turned to go after a while, but stopped short when she realized Luffy was still standing there, "Luffy?"

He dropped to a knee, looking up at her as he said, "Nami, will you marry me?"

She blinked before she scowled, "What makes you think I'd marry you after all of that? I was so ... humiliated! Is that what you like to do to girls, Luffy? Because I don't like it!"

"No! Nami, I was just pretending to act like a jerk!"

"Well, you sure fooled me! How is that supposed to make me feel any better!?"

Luffy stood up, still blocking her way out, and she hung back against the railing, watching where his hands were, "It's not. Usopp told me to act more like the others, but that didn't work, and he said I should tap your butt and stuff, but none of those helped either, and then he made me go ask for your panties, and that always got me into deeper trouble than all the others!"

Flushing in remembrance, she dropped her eyes, cinching her skirt down her thighs more. She said, "And you were trying to scare me away?"

"Yeah! I was supposed to make you miserable."