Bless the moon

It's an odd group that sit around the big kitchen table. Scar, me, his mother and his nephew the alpha sit quietly while we wait for something I don't know. So far no one has told me anything. I don't know if they know what happened last night, or why we were called here in the first place. 

Is this about me not getting my heat yet?

"It's about time you two were properly celebrated" the old lady says with a tone like it's so obvious no one would ever be dumb enough to disagree. Scar does. 

"We're already mated; there is no need for celebration. It something you do to a newly mated bond" he protests. 

"It is not the way we usually do things, but you are an unusual bond. Your love deserves to be celebrated too" our alpha says. I shrink into a small little cub in front of these big precences. I don't want a big celebration but how could I ever go against what the alpha and luna says? But, why would they celebrate us now after all this time?

"No." Scar seems to have no problem going against them. Maybe it's the dark within him that cannot be controlled, or maybe he is just having a bad day. I can never tell. 

"It is not only your love and sincerity that the pack needs to be reminded of" his mother adds with a look that makes him go quiet. I see him clench his fists at her power over him and I shiver even though he's not angry with me. 

"In another pack close by there was incident with a dark one..." the alpha starts. "It went rogue and not many survived. Their alpha managed to put it out in the end, but did not survive her injuries. Unfortunantly there have been concerns as to your nature and stability amongst the pack. We need to remind them of your gentle side. That is why a celebration of your bond is perfect, now that Elmer is of age and everything" the alpha explains with a somewhat sad but hopeful voice. 

I stare at the brave young alpha as if he's surely just joking. Maybe he's had a boring week and needed something to make fun off? But no. He meets my eyes with a stern and decisive stare that makes me want to run and cower under my dad's tail. 

"When the survivors come they will be met by a big celebration and the whole pack will talk about how lucky we are to have a dark one, touched by the shadows but also by the moon, since she was merciful enough to grant him a bond" the old lady states with a voice that will not be defied. 

"The survivors?" Scar asks with a raspy voice I recognize from his way to clench unsaid words in his throat. 

"The survivors of the pack of Ilena were so few they feel unsafe in thier territory so they decided to join us" Simon explains with a what-can-you-do-sigh

What is this cursed bad luck? 

"Join our pack?" Scar asks, urging him to say no. The alpha nods. A heavy scilence comes over us. There is only one thing for Scar to say. 

"Bless the moon."