With a touch

Elmer's POV

We never were good with words, I reflekt after a long night of adventurous mating. We were always too afraid and too angry. There was so much that kept us from saying the right things, from understanding. 

Maybe that is why we were better at expressing our love like this. 

I draw circles on his chest with my fingers. They are warm now and explore the hills and valleys of his torso. He is asleep; tired and content in my arms. I finally see what I failed to see all those nights we slept next to each other in the alpha's house. 

The night is painted upon his face as calm and smooth as the night sky. He sleeps quietly, only an uneven breath breaks the silence. I cuddle against him and steal his body heat. The house is slowly warming but I am coming down from the heat and the room feels extra cold compared to my delirious fever. 

It is strange that his smell is the same as when I hated him. I rest my head against his arm and draw it in. It fills my lungs, my chest and my heart, swivels into my head and then I am lost in love; too deep in to find my way out. I breathe him in because if I did not I would die. Or so my heart is sure of. 

I snake my arm in under his and our fingers lock even though he is still asleep. The smile on my face must be tattoed on there because it won't come off. I don't remember smiling like this ever before. 

Though, the pain is still there, hidden in my chest. It is a worry and a trauma that will need time. But for once I belive that it will not stay there forever. I don't dare to hope that it will soon be gone. For now I settle for thinking that I will give it time and that I am not alone in all of this. 

Perhaps that is what our mistake was? That we thought we were stronger alone, when all we really needed was to share our pains.

It is Cassian that wakes me up. Apparently I fell asleep again. He caresses my face and smiles at me as I wake up. None of us say anything. I burrow my head into his chest again. It smells good, it feels safe and I never want to leave. 

"Someone is at the door" he murmurs with a sleepy slur and eyes that won't open all the way just yet. 

"What? Who?" I grumble and wrap us in the covers like a big burrito. He stares at me like I am the only thing in the universe that he wants to look at. I never want this moment to end. He kisses me lighty and then smiles as if reality got a hold of him again. 

"Dana." 

After we hurridly dress I rush downstairs and open the door. Dana smiles at me and pushes her way inside. 

"I figured you wouldn't mind if I just checked in on you" she muses and I show her to the salon. 

"Not at all" I say, softening to her kind ways. "Would you like some tea?" 

"Sure" she accepts and I get up to head for the kitchen but Cassian gestures for me to sit and hurries away to fix it. 

"By the looks of it you don't hate each other" she suggests with a soft smirk. 

"There was a lot of bad feelings at first, but somehow we are okay now" I ponder. 

"Did he turn out to be more than you expected?" she asks and takes my hand. I laugh a little. 

"Yes, one could say that you were right" I tell her with a blushing smile. It is hard not to think about everything we said, and did. I have to stop thinking about *that* now!

 "Oh, I am always right. Took a while for my mate to understand, but he knows now" she agrees with a wink, as if she is not surprised at all. "I know a lot more than anyone gives me credit for." 

"Does that mean you know what is going to happen to me and Cassian now?" I ask. 

"No, that is for the Moon Godess to tell. But I do know what is going to happen to the alpha very soon" she informs me. 

"What?" I pry. 

"He is going to find his mate, as soon as Nala comes of age" she predicts. My eyebrows lift in a surprised face. 

"How can you be sure?" I push. 

"Call it intuition, but I was the only one who understood you and Cassian were mates from the beginning. Everyone else thought it was a mistake, but I knew. There was something about the air between you. I don't know... I just know" she states and shrugs. 

"Maybe you have the Moon's blessing?" I suggest. 

"Maybe" she agrees and smiles as if it's not that important. "Anyway, I am off to go mushroom picking with my mate. I'll have to drink that tea some other time. Goodbye, sweetie" she announces. 

I follow her to the door and close it after waving her goodbye. Cassian enters the hall with a tray full of cups and a teapot. 

"She left" I confess. He shrugs and places the tray on little table. 

"Then we'll have to drink it ourselves, I suppose" he proposes but with a tone that insinuates he is not the kind of person who appreciates teatime. I will teach him to like it, I think and smile to myself. 

My body rests against his as he pours us tea, and then we sip it in silence. His scent mixes with the tea's and the snow outside glitters in the sunshine, and I feel like maybe there is enough good things in the world to make the past worth living. 

And suddenly with a simple touch, a hand on my arm, Cassian tells me that he loves me. We stay like that until the tea gets cold, and then we head up to the bedroom to cuddle again. We strip naked and burrow into the covers like two cold puppies. I stare into his stormy mooncolored eyes. I can see entire celestial bodies collide in them as he looks at me as if he hasn't got the right to touch me like this. I love him, finally. 

"We have to invite my dad for tea tomorrow" I remember. 

"Isn't it better to wait until the heat is over?" he suggests and pushes a stray curl away from my forhead. A warm feling pulsates through me as he touches me. 

"Speaking of the heat..."