CHAPTER 1

"Hannah, come here please", my mom said from the living room of my house in New York. 

"Coming mom" I left my room and I went downstairs. My parents were in front of the fireplace, that day turned off, with a letter in my mother's hand.

"Hannah, my dear, we have to talk about something very important" this time my father was the one who talked with an uncertain smile on his face, he was of course happy of what was happening.

"You are scaring me, what is that?" I said indicating the letter. I didn't know what to expect, since my parents weren't that type of people who do surprises so often.

Before my mother started to talk, they looked at each other "in all these four years we have seen that you haven't so much friends in your school and we have also seen that you are upset about that most of the time. So, I, uhm, we have been thinking that maybe is better for you to change where you live and try to be happy and at ease somewhere else, you know to change school for a little while. What do you think?"

I stopped breathing for some seconds, my parents want me to do what?

"And what is that letter?" I asked confused but at the same time scared of their answer.

"We sent a letter months ago to another school" said my father, taking my mother's hand in his, "It is an excellent school with a perfect reputation regarding professors and lessons. They have accepted you for an exchange year. I know that this type of school has never done it, but I think that is a wonderful occasion to take, don't you think so honey?"

I was shocked, how could they do all of this without saying anything to me? They chose for me and I wanted to make a decision for me, I was old enough to make decisions for myself.

"I think that maybe you two could talk to me about this earlier and we would have made a decision together, don't you think so?" I said nervously, my knee was shaking, and I started eating my nails.

I couldn't believe what they have just said to me, I couldn't believe I would have changed my school, my professors and literally my life without even being asked.

I knew they were right, for four years I didn't have any friends, every day I went to every lesson alone and during meals I sit alone because no one wanted to talk to me or be my friend, I didn't really know why, since I considered myself nice and sociable, probably people from my school didn't find me in that way.

My parents discovered this during the second year when they found me crying in my bedroom during Christmas holidays. Maybe they were right, maybe if I changed school, I could make friend and feel accepted by someone.

I sighed closing my eyes and asked: "Which school are you talking about?"

"Hogwarts school of witchcrafts and wizardry" said my mom with a proud tone on her voice.

Then my father took the letter from my mom's hand and passed it to me.

It said

"Dear miss Nolan, your apply have been accepted, you are now a student of Hogwarts, school of witchcrafts and wizardry.

Below, there is everything you will need for your school year."

So, it was official. Oh God.

"when I have to leave?" I asked

"we have to leave in two days, I will come with you, while your dad will stay here: I think you will have to pack, don't you?" my mother said with a large smile on her face, she was happy because I accepted what they said to me even though I was a little upset. I still thought that they had to ask me first, since it's my life, but I knew they did what they did for my happiness.

I nodded and sighed at the same time.

After all, it was only a year, it wouldn't have been impossible and then I would have returned to my ordinary life, right?

This would have been a strange year, I could feel it.