CHAPTER 22

That week passed, fortunately, very quickly. I was waiting for my exams results, and I was anxious about that. Every time I saw one of my professors, I was afraid they had the results, but they never told me anything.

It was Friday, and the lessons for that week were finished. Ginny and I were outside the castle, taking advantage of that sunny day and relaxing ourselves.

We were talking about quidditch, she was telling me that next year she would have tried to enter Gryffindor team. She told me she always liked that sport, probably because she had six older brothers who were obsessed with that sport. I have never liked playing quidditch. I preferred watching him from the stands, especially with Hermione.

While Ginny was talking, I saw professor McGonagall walking in our direction, and my stomach started to contract.

"Ginny, I think McGonagall is walking to us. What if she has the results?" she turned to watch

"She will say that you passed them" I laughed, but I was anxious

"Oh, shut up" she laughed.

"Miss Nolan, Professor Dumbledore wants to see you, you know the password and the way to the office" I nodded, and I stood up

"I'll come with you, I'll wait outside" Ginny said, I really appreciated it, but I wasn't able to speak, so I just nodded and smiled.

We arrived there and I said the password

"That is a strange password" Ginny commented to play down.

I laughed "See you later" I started to walk

"Hannah" I turned around "don't worry, everything will be fine" I nodded, and I continued walking.

I took a deep breath and I knocked on the door and I entered the room. I was expecting to see only Dumbledore, but he was with the other professors, and they were waiting for me.

"Good afternoon Miss Nolan" I smiled to everyone trying to be as kind as possible.

They were standing at me and they were a little scary. They didn't smile back, I really thought I had to go back to Ilvermorny's, and I didn't want to at all.

"your professors and I talked about your exams, and they told me how they went." He started saying, my stomach was hurting for so much anxiety I was feeling.

"Well, I'm very pleased to say that from today you are a Hogwarts student to all effects. They told me you did very well. Congratulations"

I was shocked. I knew I did well, but I thought I had to go back, and that I couldn't stay at Hogwarts.

I smiled "thank you to all of you for giving me the chance to stay here. I'm very happy. Thank you, really"

"We expect great thing from you, miss Nolan" Dumbledore said to me smiling

"I will not fail, professor" I said nodding

"you can go now, celebrate with your friends" I thanked again, and I exited the room.

I went downstairs as fast as I could. I saw Ginny waiting for me in front of the door. I ran to her and I hugged her tightly.

"I'm staying. I passed the exams" I said screaming

"Oh my god yess!! I knew it" we started to scream together and jump. We didn't even care about the other students who were looking at us. I was so happy I could stay.

I turned around to see if there were some of my friends to tell the news, but I only saw Draco looking at us and smiling, he was alone with a book in his hands, he was so handsome. I smiled back shily.

Ginny interrupted the moment "We have to go to the others to tell everything. Hannah, come!"

I turned back to Ginny and we ran towards the Gryffindor common room. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Dean were in the centre of the room talking.

"Guys, guess what? Hannah is staying, she passed the exams"

They all screamed with joy, and they hugged me. I was so happy.

We passed the rest of the afternoon talking about how scared I was, how it went in Dumbledore's office, and everything.

We couldn't stop smiling. I was happy to stay and to know they were happy too to have me in the next years.

Before going to the Great Hall for dinner, I left my friends to go to owlery.

I wrote quickly a letter to my parents saying I could stay, and that I passed the exams. I missed them so much, because when I was in America I had always come back at home during holidays.

I reached the owlery, it was a quiet place.

I recognized the owl my parents and I used to send letters, I tied the letter to his paw, and he flew away. I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore. I sighed and smiled. Everything was going the right way.

Well, not everything. Draco and I hadn't talked except for the day of my exams, but he seemed to be happy about the fact that I could actually stay, and I started to accept it, even though I wanted him by my side more than ever.

I really wanted to celebrate with him. I could have studied with him for the exams, and when I would have told him I had passed them, he would have kissed me, and said that I had been good.

I smiled melancholic, knowing that probably all of those moments would have stayed just memories.

Missing him meant missing a part of me. With all of those thoughts I left the owlery directed to the Great Hall to eat with the others.

I was walking on the edge that connected the owlery to the castle. The sun was setting, and the sky was filled by beautiful colours. Summer was on its way.

"Hi" I looked up, and I saw Draco who was walking too

"I am really starting to think you are following me everywhere I go" I said smiling

He smiled "I have to go to the owlery to send this letter for my parents" he said waving the letter.

"Oh, I see. I was there before, I'm going to have dinner now" he nodded, and he started to look at the sky.

"today the sunset is beautiful. You know summer is my favourite season. If only I could stay here" he said sighing

"Don't you have a huge house with gardens? You told me once. I'm sure it is beautiful there"

"oh, yes, my home." He said whispering "yes, it is really big for just three people" I nodded. He didn't seem happy to go back home.

We looked into each other's eyes for a few moments, and I could feel butterflies in my stomach as it was the first time. We were embarrassed, I didn't know what to say.

"autumn. My favourite season is autumn. I like its colours and the atmosphere, you know the cold that comes, cup of teas, Halloween" I said to break the silence.

"yeah, I could imagine it" I blushed at that sentence, because I understood how well he knew me

I cleared my voice embarrassed "Um, I think I have to go, now. You know, they are probably wondering where I am" I said.

I didn't want to leave, but It was for the better. I really want to go back in time and stay with him, but I couldn't accept at all his choices.

"Sure, I have to go too" we switched positions still looking at each other and smiling. I turned around and started walking, but I didn't hear the sound of his footsteps, which meant he wasn't moving.

"Hannah?" I turned around and I saw him standing in the same position

"Yes?" I asked, he hesitated a little, and then he spoke

"I'm really happy you can stay here" he said shily and embarrassed. I smiled, that meant the world to me.

"me too, Draco" I said, and turned around directed to the castle.

In that moment I could say everything was going perfectly well.