CHAPTER 20

I didn't see Draco for two weeks. Probably he was so proud of himself and didn't want to waste his time with me. but even thought I was angry at him, I missed him so much. Not seeing him was strange and I missed all of our moments together.

It was night, the Weasley twins, Fred and George, were making too much noise in the Gryffindor room and, even though I adored them both so much, I had to study.

I couldn't go to the dormitory to continue my homework, because Ginny was already asleep. That night she was really tired.

Even Hermione wasn't studying, she said she wanted to relax, and stay with the others. The only place I could go was the library. Students couldn't go at night, but it was the only possibility.

I collected all the books I needed, and I exited the room in the direction of the library. I knew it was forbidden going around the castle after the curfew, but it was for a good reason, and I wouldn't have stayed there a lot.

At every corner I checked if there was anyone, but fortunately I didn't find anyone. When I arrived in front of the door of the library, I tried to open it, but, obviously, it was locked.

"Alohomora" I whispered. The door opened, and I entered the room. It was all dark, and, obviously, there was no one.

I sat down in the first place I found, and then I lit a few candles, to see what I was reading. It was a bit scary, but I didn't care, there was no one, only myself.

I started studying defence against the dark arts. The atmosphere was quite relaxing. I could hear the rain outside the castle, I have always loved rain.

Even though I didn't like Umbridge, defence against the dark arts was one of my favourite subjects with potions, it didn't bother me at all studying it.

It passed almost two hours, and I was almost finished, I had to finish my research, but I could do it the next morning. I was getting tired, and I wanted to return to the common room, it was getting really late.

I collected every piece of parchment, I put out the candles, and everything returned dark.

"Lumos" my wand started to illuminate the room with a dim light, and I sneaked out the room, making no noises. When I locked the door, I turned around and I saw a figure in front of me. I was about to scream in fright, but he put his hand on my mouth

"they will catch us if you scream" it was Draco, I missed his touch on my skin, but I was still angry at him, and I didn't know why he was there.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I said to him, removing his hand from my mouth

"I could ask you the same" he said smirking

"What? You wish. I was in the library studying" I said upset. He also had the courage to say that I was following him.

"You know I like walking around the castle when everyone is asleep. It is relaxing." I nodded. He said it to me in one of our moment together.

"Well, I have to go. I'm tired, and I don't want Filch to find me around the castle. Good night" I said, and I started walking away

"Hannah, wait" I stopped walking, without turning to see him, books in my hands.

"Why do we have to waste everything we have built? It was perfect. Don't leave me like everyone else did" the tone of his voice was broken. He was sad, I could feel it, even though I wasn't looking at him

"You have ruined everything Draco" I said coldly. I didn't know why he did that, but I wanted to make him understand he was doing something bad.

"you don't know why I did it" he said

I turned around and saw him standing still

"no, I don't know anything Draco, because you never tell me anything. But, apparently, you didn't regret your choice. And I can't accept that. I'm sorry. Goodnight" without hesitation, I turned around and I walked away.

Tears were already falling on my cheeks. It was true what I said to him, but deep inside of me I didn't want to lose him, I wanted him to run to me, stop me and kiss me like he used to do. He was so important to me. I loved him so much that being away from him hurt me. But I couldn't forgive him.

He didn't follow me, even though I hoped he would have. I arrived in front of the fat lady, I said the password whispering and I hoped no one was in the common room, because I was still crying, and fortunately everyone was already asleep in their dormitories. I sat on the couch in front of the fire, and I cried silently. I let my tears falling down. I was already missing him.