CHAPTER 13

The next morning, I woke up with a good mood, I decided I wasn't going to spend another day crying or being sad. I wanted to enjoy every single minute in that school with my friends. I dressed up and with Hermione and Ginny I went to have breakfast in the Great hall. We found at the Gryffindor table Harry and Ron eating. I sat next to Ron after kissing both of them on the cheeks, they definitely didn't expect that, but they didn't ask anything, instead Ron smiled while Harry blushed.

During the morning I attended herbology class, transfiguration class and divination class, and everything went well, fortunately.

When it was time for lunch, I went to the Great Hall with Hermione and Harry because we had divination class together. We sat and started eating something.

It was Wednesday, that meant only post day. I wasn't expecting anything because my parents already wrote me the week before. But it was in that moment when I saw the owl who was sending our letters enter the room with a huge pack with himself. He left that pack to me and flew away.

I was surprised, because I really wasn't expecting anything, from anyone.

"that's strange, I didn't expect anything" I said looking at my friends.

"just open it and we'll see" Hermione answered. I opened the box, Hermione helped me. While I opened that I saw what it was. It was a long black dress with a sweetheart neckline, without any shoulder pads. The bottom was swollen, like a wedding dress. The back was bare. It was wonderful, I didn't have words to describe its beauty.

There was something else. It was a sort of a camera, but I had never seen that type of camera and I wondered how it worked.

"there is a note Hannah" Harry said giving that to me, I took it and opened it.

It said "You told us about this ball, and you seemed very excited about that. I bought it, and I hope you'll like it. I also bought this camera, it is a polaroid, I think you'll find out how it works. I bought both of them in a muggle shop centre. Hope you like it. We miss you so much. Love mum and dad"

I looked at Hermione and smiled "it is from my parents"

"let's go to the dormitory, so you can try it on yourself" I nodded, and we greeted Harry who had started talking with Seamus.

We went to the dormitory, and Hermione helped me.

It was perfect, I liked it so much. It was the dress I was dreaming of, but with all that happened and with all the classes I had to attend, I didn't even think about the dress for the ball. If it wasn't for my mum, I probably wouldn't have a dress for the ball.

"you look gorgeous Hannah, it's perfect" she was still looking at me

"thanks" my cheeks went red.

When we finished, it was time for our class, and unfortunately, I had to go to potion class alone. But everything went well.

I had to see Draco, but I tried not to look at him, and not to pay attention of what he was doing. Fortunately, Professor Snape let us work on our own. After potions class I went to the library to study and to do my homework.

When I finished everything, I wrote a letter for my parents to thank them for the beautiful presents. I also wrote that I already tried the dress, and that it was perfect. After that I went to the owlery and gave the letter to the same owl. While I was going back to the castle, I remembered that I had to go to the room of requirement for the DA's training of the week.

I found Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna on my way and I joined them.

"hi guys" I say smiling

"Hi Hannah" they said.

That two hours passed too quickly. Harry taught us the Patronus charm.

"You have to concentrate and think about your most powerful and happiest memory. The more you focus, the more your Patronus will be powerful. Great Luna, keep up!" I thought about these months at Hogwarts, about Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Ron, and, unfortunately, also Draco. I tried sometimes before managing to do it.

I succeeded and when I opened my eyes, I saw white swan. It was beautiful and I was so happy I could manage to do it. "fantastic Hannah!" I smiled. We continued still for a while.

"ok, guys. This is the last lessons before Christmas holidays. All you have to do is trying and training. We will meet there after holidays. Great job, you all"

Everyone claps their hands and said, "well done Harry, thank you". Hermione and I saw Harry looking at Cho, who was looking in the mirror at Cedric's photo harry had hung when we first meet for DA.

We looked at each other and smiled "See you in the common room Harry" he nodded still looking at Cho.

We exited the room and went to the common room

"I think he has a crush on Cho" I said to Hermione laughing

"yeah, definitely" and we laughed

"hey Hannah! Wait" I turned without recognizing the voice. I saw Blaise Zabini coming to us running.

"hi Blaise" I said uncertainly. I didn't know him well, we only had some classes together, but we had never talked.

"do you need something?" he nodded

"I need to ask you something" I nodded expecting it was something about school and study

"yes, tell me"

"I wondered if you want to come to the Yule Ball with me, if you don't have already a date yet, obviously"

Ok, I didn't expect that at all 

"Blaise, if it is some prank, tell me before it could happen something unpleasant" I also looked at Hermione and she had the same expression as mine

"no, no I'm serious. I'd really like if you want to go to the ball with me."

I didn't know what to do, yes, it was true, I didn't have date yet and it was sad going to the ball alone

"also, you can make Malfoy jealous" I laughed

"I don't really care about that honestly..." I hesitated "but yes, we can go to the ball together"

"great! So, we can meet there. Bye Hannah" he looked at Hermione "Granger" and he walked away

I looked at Hermione "ok, I don't know what that was, but it was awkward"

"you can say that" and we laughed.

I didn't know why, but I liked the idea of going to the ball with Blaise, he seemed to be a great guy. I smiled at the thought and we went to our common room.