CHAPTER 31

I was already in the library to study with Ginny, when I saw Draco entering the room, and walking in my direction.

"I'll leave you two" said Ginny, leaving her place, I nodded

Draco sat in front of me where Ginny was sitting

We started working, and we spoke only when we had to.

"Draco, can we talk?" I asked

"I think we finished it, sorry I have to go" he said

"no, you aren't going anywhere" I said taking his arm. He looked at my hand, and then at me, but he didn't say anything

"look, I don't know what's happening to you ok? And I can accept you don't want to talk about it with me, but you're acting very strangely, and, honestly, we both know I did nothing wrong to you. So, please, stop acting so bad with me" I said taking off the grip on his arm

He sighed "we just can't stay together. I don't want to put you in any danger. I want you to stay safe, and if it means to stay away from me, I'll accept it."

"stay safe from what Draco? You know you can trust me"

"I've already said too much, I'm sorry" he left without waiting any answer from me.

I sighed. I was right, he was up to something, and I know I was more determined to find the truth.

I exited the library alone and I bumped into Blaise

"sorry Han, I wasn't paying attention"

"no problem, I'm sorry too" I said smiling and collecting my stuff

"Blaise, I have to ask you something"

"sure, what's up?"

"it is always about Draco, has the situation improved with all of you? I'm very worried about him"

"um, no, it hasn't. We hardly see him in the common room, he always stays in his dorm. I see him only during classes. I don't know why he is acting like this. The only thing I know is that his father is in Azkaban for what happened last summer at the ministry, I don't know nothing more"

"me neither. Well, thank you anyway"

We went together to the Great Hall for dinner, and then I went to my friends who were already eating.

"how did it go with Malfoy?" Hermione asked whispering

"better than I expected, I'll tell you everything later" she nodded.

Months passed too fast.

It was already December, and most days it snowed.

Draco and I didn't talk since that day at the library. I had noticed that sometimes he disappeared, but I didn't find out anything.

It was Saturday; Harry, Ron, Hermione and I decided to go to Hogsmeade to drink butterbeer together.

it was snowing a lot and the wind was biting. When we enter the pub, the hot air pervaded my whole body, warming me.

"Something to drink?"

"Hi, four butterbeers with some ginger in my mine please" Hermione said, but I didn't pay attention, because I saw Draco entering the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, I have to go to the toilet. I'll be here in a minute" I said

I walked to the bathroom, and when I was in there, I saw him in front of the mirror, as he was waiting for someone.