CHAPTER 46

We didn't have the chance to keep talking

"what? No! Avada Kedavra" Goyle shouted and a green light exited his wand towards us. Fortunately, Harry, Hermione, Ron and I managed to hide, but then my friends started to duel the Slytherin boys, until they ran away.

We had a little quiet moment "did you find it?" Hermione asked

"yes, I did, let's go" he proposed

"no wait" I commanded "I have to find them, at least Draco and Blaise"

"Hannah, we don't have t-" Ron didn't finish his sentence as he looked up behind us, we all three turned around, and we could see a huge fire dragon flying towards us

"what the fuck" I hissed

We could only run, and find the exit of the room, but soon the fire was everywhere, and we didn't know what to do, or where to go.

We were trapped. That place started being so hot, I couldn't breathe, and the smoke was everywhere we couldn't see.

The fire was surrounding us. We manged to protect ourselves with some spells, but the air was starting to be not breathable.

"what do we do now?" Ron shouted

I didn't hear Harry's answer, Hermione was looking at me in panic. I started looking around. That place was full of objects, maybe I could find something that could help us.

And then I found them

"Here!" I shouted, all three turned around to see what I was pointing with my finger.

It was brooms. There were a lot of them. We took a broom each, and we flew away.

But in that moment, I thought about Draco and Blaise. Did they managed to get out of the room? Were they still in there? Were they alive?

I didn't want to think they were dead. I couldn't leave the room without knowing. We were already near the door when I saw between the smoke caused by the fire two figures.

They were at the top of a pile. I didn't recognize at first who they were, but then I understood they were Draco, and Blaise. And they were alive.

"I can't leave them Harry!" I shouted, Harry turned around, and understood what I was talking about, and he saw them too

"C'mon" the four of us returned to them

"I take Draco, you take Blaise" I said

I flew with one hand while with the other I tried to take Draco's, hoping I could drag him onto the broom with one arm.

I had to try twice, but then I succeeded, and we flew out the door.

We jumped off the broom and Harry managed to kill the Horcrux he had in his pocket.

"where is Goyle?" I asked

"dead" Blaise confirmed

"it's the snake" we all turned to Draco. He was standing in front of us

"it's the last Horcrux. I know, I'm sure"

I sighed closing my eyes. Killing the snake would have been difficult. Too difficult.

"thanks" Harry said. Draco and Blaise started walking away

"no wait!" I said and the two of them stopped.

I didn't know what to do.

I knew I had to help Harry killing the snake, and then Voldemort, but I didn't want to leave Draco and Blaise, not knowing if they would have been safe.

I looked at the two side, but I couldn't decide, I couldn't move

"Go, Han, we'll be okay" Ron said, Harry and Hermione nodded to confirm.

"stay safe, please" I said, and I walked towards Blaise and Draco

"where's Theo?" I asked Blaise

"I lost him in the dungeons. I'm not sure where he is now" I sighed. Was he okay?

"I'm going to look for him" Blaise said, and before hearing our answer, he started running.

I stopped walking.

We were at the east part of the castle, and, strangely, the noises were far away.

Draco stopped walking too. he had been silent. He was acting strangely.

"what is it?" I asked looking right into his eyes. The ash on his face made his blue and grey eyes stand out. But his expression was worried.

"it's all my fault. This battle, everything. If I stood up, and didn't kill Dumbledore that night, maybe all of this wasn't happening"

"don't even say that. You didn't kill him, and you never would. This is not your fault, or mine. It's all bigger than that, than us. We have to fight tonight, and everything will be fine. We will be fine, and we'll can be happy, and together, I promise" I said looking right into his eyes.

He nodded, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

Our foreheads were touching "I love you" I smiled "I love you too"

We ran to the part of the castle where the battle was taking place.

We tried to stay close, but sometimes was more difficult. I managed to defeat some death eaters, and Draco too.

"watch out Ginger!" Draco shouted, I turned myself to see what happened, and I saw Draco defending Fred from a death eater.

"um, thanks, you saved my life" Fred said

"yeah, um be more careful" Draco answered trying to seem indifferent, but it was clear he was happy about that.

He confided me in the fifth year that he found George and Fred nice.

We kept fighting, but sometimes it was difficult.

Hogwarts didn't look the same anymore. The Great Hall was half destroyed, and also the front garden. But I didn't have time to look at the details.

Trolls, giant spiders, dementors and death eaters occupied the whole school trying to defeat us, but all the students and all the professors were able to defend themselves and the school.

While I was fighting against some death eater, I saw Blaise in the corner at the end of the corridor

I ran to him with Draco who saw him in the same moment.

"did you find him? Theo?" I asked him, his face full of blood, I wasn't sure if it was his or someone else's.

"yes, he was in the Great Hall helping the first injured. He was here right now" he said looking around

"looking for someone?" I turned to see Theo walking towards us.

I ran and hugged him as tight as possible. I knew we weren't used to act like this, but I really thought he was dead.

"I thought you were dead, you idiot" I said while hugging me

"I'm ok. I'm glad you are all okay too"

"Ehy, Nott, hands down" Draco said smiling, and walking to him to hug his friend

"she did everything. Maybe she's in love with me, sorry mate, I'm charming" I smiled shaking my head

"I think it's better if we go, it's not safe here" Blaise proposed

We all agreed, and we started walking to the Great Hall, even if I was so tired that my feet hurt so much. I didn't pay attention, and I didn't look if there was someone in the corridor behind us. I was the last of the group.

"here you are, you little shit. I can't wait to see you die" someone said.

I turned around, but all I could see was a red light.

"Hannah!"

And then the darkness.