CHAPTER 27

Harry and I reached a bathroom of the station, because we couldn't be seen. I took his hand, and with the other hand I took all my stuff, and he did the same. After a few seconds, we were in front of my house. It was pretty big, in the centre of New York.

"Welcome home" I said smiling. I missed that place so much.

I knocked on the door, and my mum opened it

"Mum!" I said hugging her. I missed her and dad so much. After hugging her I hugged my dad. I missed him so much too.

"Mum, Dad, this is Harry, a friend of mine. Harry these are my parents, Elizabeth and Andrew."

"It's a pleasure Mrs. and Mr. Nolan. Thank you for letting me stay here this summer" Harry said

"the pleasure is ours Harry, Hannah told about you so much in her letters" said my mum smiling at him.

I noticed that they were happy for me. I finally had some friends, and they seemed to notice that I really care for him.

I showed Harry the house, and his bedroom, which was in front of mine.

"Maybe tomorrow I can show you the city. I think you'll love it so much. Now I'll let you rest. If you need anything, I'll be in my bedroom" I said exiting the room.

"Hannah?" I turned around

"Yes?" I asked

"Thank you for everything. I really appreciate it" I smiled, and I nodded.

I went to my bedroom, and I layed on my bed. I already missed Draco. I really hoped we would have written to each other as much as we could.

During the next days, I showed Harry the city as promised. He seemed to like it.

Weeks passed, and we both started to receive letters from Hermione, Ron and Ginny. But not from Draco. Maybe he couldn't find a proper owl for that type of distances. At first, I tried not to care so much, maybe he was busy and he couldn't find the time to write to me.

That day Harry and I were walking through fifth avenue, eating an ice-cream.

"So, you live in the centre of New York. You're really lucky" he said

I nodded "My dad work at the ministry of magic, which is in the centre of New York. So, my parents decided to buy a house here, since my mother doesn't work." He nodded.

It was already the middle of July, and, as Hermione said to me in a letter, Harry's birthday was arriving.

In the past days, I went to a shop alone, and I bought him a present. I really hoped he would have liked it. When I returned home, Harry was doing some homework they gave us before leaving Hogwarts, we used to do it together since we had the most of classes together, but that day I had already done mine.

"Hey, some letters arrived. Here" he gave me my letters from Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna. Draco hadn't written to me yet. It had already been over a month since the end of school, and I hadn't received any letters from him.

I've written to him sometimes, asking if he was okay, and if something happened. I was preoccupied that something happened to him. Something bad. I had a really bad feeling.

I sighed sitting in front of Harry in the living room.

"He hasn't sent you anything yet, has he?" I looked up at him, and I shook my head.

"You know maybe he hadn't found an owl for this type of distances." I said, but I knew I was lying even to myself.

Harry sighed "had you sent any letters?" he asked

I nodded "yes, like ten of them" I laughed embarrassed

"Well, if he hadn't found a proper owl, he could have used yours when he received the letter"

I didn't answer, but I knew Harry was right. Hermione and Ron had been able to find a proper owl – and Hermione lived in a muggle town – but Draco seemed that he didn't even bother looking for one.

I was quite sad for the rest of the day. I didn't talk to Harry, my mom, or dad. I just wanted to stay alone for a bit, and to clear my head which was full of thoughts.

He seemed so much happy when we were on the train that day, and I couldn't believe he actually forgot about me.

I tried not to think about that for the rest of the days of holidays, I didn't want to ruin them.

Luckily my parents gave me the permission to stay at Ron's house for August.

There were two days left to leave for England, and I started to pack all of my stuff in the suitcase. I heard someone knocking on the door of my bedroom.

I thought it was Harry, but when I opened the door, I saw my mom. I smiled at her, and let her in.

"How are you honey?" she asked me

"Fine, mom. I'm really happy to be here. I missed home so much" I said, we sat on my bed.

"I really like Harry. I hope your other friends are as kind as he is." she smiled

"They are. They had been so welcoming since the first day."

"Is there something between you two, or he-" I didn't let her finish the sentence

"No, mum, he is just a friend. I really care about him, but not in that way" we laughed together

"But there is a boy" I said looking at the floor

"And what is his name?"

"Draco. Draco Malfoy" she nodded

"And do you like him?"

I nodded smiling "I love him, mom. He is not an easy person to understand. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny don't like him. But I think I knew him deeper this year, and he is another person when he is with me" I said smiling

"But?" she asked

I sighed "But he promised me he would have written to me this summer, but I hadn't received any letters, and I don't know why. I'm scared he forgot about me, mom" I said still looking at the floor.

"oh honey. I'm sure he didn't forget about you. How could he forget about my beautiful and intelligent Hannah? I'm sure there is another explanation, and when he will see you, he will say he is sorry, and he will explain everything" I nodded, and she hugged me.

I missed my mum she was like my sister.

We broke the hug, and she looked at me "I'll be here for you anytime you'll need me, you know that, don't you?" I nodded smiling

She stood up, and walked out my bedroom

"Dinner is almost ready. Tell Harry for me, please" I nodded

The last two days passed quickly.

Harry and I were ready to leave America to go to Ron's house. I hugged my parents tightly. I was going to miss them so much. Harry thanked for our hospitality.

We took each other's hand and our stuff, and this time I let Harry disapparate us, since he knew where Ron's house was.

"Bye mum, bye Dad, I love you so much"

In a few seconds we were in front of a big house.

It was strange, but really pretty. It had a huge garden, and it had also some animals in enclosures.

"Welcome at the Burrow, Hannah"