CHAPTER 34

I couldn't say anything to my friends.

They hated Draco, and this would have made the situation even worse.

I didn't talk about that to Dumbledore neither, I didn't want Draco to be in trouble, as long as it didn't hurt anyone, there was no point in saying anything.

From that night, Draco and I didn't pass a lot of time together.

Sometimes we studied at the library together, and even thought I tried to be there for him as much as I could, he didn't want me to stay with him, because he didn't want me involved with him, he kept saying it was better for me, but I wasn't sure at all about that.

When I was with him, I could feel my friends' glare on me, it was pretty obvious, but I avoided that as much as I could.

Draco and I didn't talk about the mark, I knew he didn't want to, and I respected that. I tried to take care of him as much as he would let me. He was still stubborn, and kept saying he didn't need help, even though we both knew it wasn't true.

I was alone, walking in an empty corridor. It was a sunny afternoon, as most.

May was definitely almost finished, as the school year. It has been a difficult year, but we managed to succeed it.

I was going to meet Hermione near the shore of the lake. 

"Hi" I said reaching her. she was sitting alone and reading a book. she looked up

"Hey, how are you?"

"Fine" I smiled "How about you?"

"Fine too" she looked at the lake "Are you sure you're okay Hannah?" I looked at her

"yes, why?" I chuckled

"um, Harry, Ron and I had been really worried for you in the last few months. You have suddenly reunited with Draco, and we don't think he is good for you, after everything you felt this year" she said, but she wasn't looking at me

"Well, it is none of your business isn't it? you should be happy for me, that we managed to talk and fix everything"

She didn't reply, I knew she was worried for me, because she was my best friend, but she didn't know the entire story, and she couldn't understand.

"Hermione, he needs me right now. I won't abandon him like everyone else" I said, she nodded

"just, be careful, please. I don't want you to get hurt" I nodded

We both read a book. But I couldn't really focus on what we were doing. I wanted to tell her and confess everything I was going through in that moment, but I just couldn't.

When we finished, we returned to the castle.

It was dinner time, and while we were eating, Harry and Ron entered the room after their quidditch practices. They started to eat with us.

"Harry, that's Katie. She's back" Hermione said.

Katie passed the last months at the hospital wing and she had to study there.

Harry stood up and followed her, but I didn't pay too much attention to that. I just wanted to eat and then go the common room.

After a while I saw Draco entering the Great Hall, I looked at him hoping he would look back, but he didn't.

He stopped walking in the centre of the room, looking in front of him. I tried to understand what he was looking at, and I saw Harry and Katie turning back to look at him. He went back and he went out the Great hall. After a few seconds, I saw Harry following him, walking fast, almost running.

"Shit, this is going to be bad" I said getting up

"Hannah, it's a bad idea" Hermione said trying to get me to sit down

"Hermione, Draco and Harry alone in the same room is a bad idea. Remember what I told you before. I have to go"

I walked out the Great hall, without even listen to Hermione's answer.

I didn't know where they went, and I ran everywhere until I heard a sound coming from a bathroom in the corridor. I entered the room and I saw Draco standing on the flooded floor full of Draco's blood. Harry was looking at him, without doing nothing. Draco was crying and he couldn't move

"What the fuck? What have you done?" I said to Harry who didn't reply. I ran to Draco and I tried to comfort him.

"shh, everything is going to be fine. You are going to be fine." I said. He couldn't stop crying. The wounds grew deeper and deeper by the second

"Go find some help!" but as I said it to Harry, Professor Snape entered the room

"What happened?" he asked, but neither me or Harry answered to the question

He ran to Draco, and he tried to fix everything

"Vulnera sanentur" he kept saying this and the wounds on Draco's chest began to shrink.

"Hannah, we have to go" Harry said

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with him" I said.

Harry exited the room, but I wasn't looking at him. I was looking at Draco and holding his hand. He had passed out. I was so scared I was going to lose him.

"Miss Nolan, go and call Madame Pomfrey. Quickly" I nodded, and I started running to the Hospital wing.

When I saw her, I told her what had happened, and while I was talking, Snape arrived holding Draco in his arms. We helped him to lay Draco on the bed.

"Miss Nolan, you can go. I'll take care of Mr. Malfoy" I shook my head

"No, I want to stay here with him. I'm not going anywhere" she sighed, but she let me stay there. When she finished, he was still unconscious, or maybe he was just sleeping, I didn't know.

"Miss Nolan, it's late. Please go to your common room, I promise I'll let you know anything" she said to me.

I nodded, and I let go of his hand. I kissed him on the forehead, and I whispered "I'll stay with you always"

I came back to my dormitory, hoping it was late enough not to meet anyone in the common room.

But my hopes left when I saw Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny in front of the fire. None of them was talking. I entered the room and I went straight to the stairs

"Hannah" Harry said getting up from the couch. I didn't turn around to see them. I didn't want to see them

"I got rid of the book where I found that spell" he continued

"Okay" I said

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt him, he was crying and I thought-"

"He was crying, and you began a fight with him? He was probably having a breakdown and you began a fight?" he didn't answer, I chuckled "I can't believe it"

"I'm sorry" he said walking to me, I didn't reply, and I shook my head

"I'm going to bed, tomorrow morning I have to go and check on him" I said starting to climb the stairs.

"How is he?" Hermione asked

"He hasn't woken up yet" I said, and I left them in the common room.