CHAPTER 11

In the next weeks I tried over and over again to talk to Dean and explain him everything like I did to the others, but he continued to avoid me.

It was passed another month at Hogwarts and it was already the second week of December.

The Yule Ball was getting closer, and everyone was getting their date. All of the students were excited about the idea of the ball, so as Ginny, Hermione and I.

I wrote to my parents saying that obviously I would have stayed to Hogwarts for Christmas, because of both the Yule Ball and the long distance between New York and Hogwarts.

During that month I was getting closer everyday to my friends. From that night, I knew I could count on them. I really cared about Ginny and Hermione, and I was happy about our friendship.

Things with Draco were the same, we were friends and we were becoming close friend. I spent a lot of time with him, and I was happy about that because he was really a good person, and a good friend. I understood I probably had a crush on him, but I didn't want to tell him, only because I didn't want our friendship being ruined. I would have just hidden it.

Ron and harry became like best friends to me, I spent a lot of time with both of them, we studied together, and we enjoy our time together. Ron was so sweet, and Harry was so playful; I didn't imagine that.

He had some problems with professor Umbridge. Ron explained to me that the past year Harry saw the Dark Lord return, but Umbridge and the Minister of Magic didn't believe him, even though he killed a boy, Cedric Diggory.

Umbridge had never let us use magic during her lessons, so with Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione and others we organized the Dumbledore's army. We met in the room of requirement once a week since the beginning of December and Harry taught us how to use certain spells like the Patronus charm, Stupefy, Expelliarmus and other important spell that could be useful in a fight. I didn't say anything to Draco about that because they ask me not to. But I was really sorry, and I felt guilty not to tell him anything.

I was really hoping he would ask me to go to the ball with him, but I didn't expect it, at least this is what I told to my friends.

Hermione and I had a free period, it was already afternoon, and we were sitting on a bench in the corridors and we were talking about the ball. She told me that last year she went to the ball with Victor Krum, the famous quidditch player, and Ron was a little jealous. So, this year he asked her to go to the ball with him and she accepted. I would like the two of them together, but I didn't tell her anything about that. She also told me that Harry managed to go to the ball with Cho, because last year she went with Cedric, and Ginny told me she would go with Neville, like last year and when Ginny told me that Neville was the last one to leave the dance floor we all laughed, them to remember and me to hear that.

"Do you know who is going to go to the ball with Dean?" I asked Hermione while we were eating some snacks.

She nodded "I heard he asked Luna to go with him, and I think she accepted" I nodded

"he still doesn't want to talk to you, does he?" I sighed nodding

"I understand why he is still mad at me, but I tried everything to talk to him, I don't know what to do" she smiled understanding me

"Maybe you only have to give him time, it will pass" I nodded laying my head on her shoulder.

The bell rang, it meant that the lessons for that day were finished.

"Let's go to the common room, after all the students go away, okay?" I nodded.

In front of us passed a group of Slytherin in which I saw Draco with his friends, probably they finished their last lesson, and they were going to their common room too. I smiled to Draco and he smiled me back.

"so, Hannah, do you have a date to the ball yet?" Hermione was smiling at me while she asked me, she saw me smiling at Draco.

"No, not yet" I smiled "But I really don't care, I care more about the ball itself, you know, it is my first ball, and I think it will be amazing, I can feel that" I was smiling dreamy. I was thinking about the night we were going to have, and I was really excited.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Hannah" Hermione and I turned and saw Pansy standing in front of us.

"Beg your pardon?" I didn't know what she was talking about, but I felt this wasn't going to be good. She saw my confused expression and she started talking.

"I reckon you don't know it yet. Draco has just asked me to be his date for the Yule Ball, and I accepted of course" she had a triumphant smile on her face, while I was fighting with myself not to cry.

I looked at Hermione and then to Pansy who was waiting for my answer. "Oh, uhm, well, I'm happy for you two, I guess" I tried to smile, but the expression on her face made me understand she didn't believe in what I said. I turned to Hermione and I saw her sad expression. She was sorry for me, obviously.

"Let's go Hermione, I have to go and vomit" and I got up with her. But I felt a hold on my arm, and I turned expecting to see Pansy, but it was Draco.

"What?" I asked, I was angry and sad, I didn't want to see him

"You're just jealous" I laughed at his words

"Jealous? Jealous?" I took my arm out of his grip and I was almost yelling. I didn't care if other students could hear us.

"Yes, that I go to the ball with Pansy" I came closer to him and I whispered

"You don't even exist to me. You are nothing" I wasn't sure if I had to say that, but I didn't care anymore, I wanted him to feel like I was feeling in that moment "You are shit".

I turned, I took Hermione's arm and I went away, leaving him standing in the corridor with his stupid friends. I tried not to cry, but the tears were already run on my cheeks.