3.LA

Tessa

I am tired. Dead tired. Tired beyond explanation. My feets are ready to give up. My breasts are suffocated in my bra. My back is screaming bloody murder. And my eyes are burning from me staring at the screen continuously for several hours. I should be hungry too, but like always, I am not.

I could use some sleep though, after the tiresome twenty-four hours I just spent.

The last moment packing, before I boarded that flight was a bitch. I have nobody to blame but myself. I sulked and procrastinated till the last moments so I had to rush. My nerve of travelling for the first time after three years had me shitting.

The flight to LA was fine, compared to how scared I was. Nathan being  his usual charming self and an absolute gentle man, he made sure I was fine. Overdoing at certain parts , like always as an attempt to earn him some brownie points. Anyway, I was travelling business class, perks of being his PA and friend. So the almost six hours of flight flew by like a dream.

The hotel we stayed in, was posh enough. I have seen much more extravagant settings but this was gorgeous too. It's just that I could not sleep much even though the room was comfortable and plush. I stayed awake till late, bittersweet memories of my last stay in a hotel kept swirling in my mind. I fell asleep at around 3 am at night. Only to be woken up sweating and panicking out of a nightmare. The nightmare wasn't new but normally Ray would wake me up with a glass of water in between. I wouldn't have to watch the whole thing. But last night I had to. Every moment. Until I was exhausted and woke up breathing fast, like a generator. I stood under the burning hot water to erase the never ending memories. But nothing came out of it, like always. I just switched off that part in my mind like always and came out of the shower..

The meeting went well. Nathan was able to lock the firm's merger with the French company trying to spread out in LA. They have already settled in for the past few months but were in dire need of good Legal consultants. So from now on the Legal department of the company run by Mr. Antonio François will be managed by Nathan and his team. Infact the meeting finished up early given how impressed Mr. François looked by Nathan.

Everything should seem fine.

But the point is Mr. François seemed too friendly. He had absolutely no problem in Nathan's Law firm being new to the market, which in my view seemed wierd. I thought Nathan would need a lot of convincing to do, to grant him that chance but he didn't need it.

I also felt a little suspicious when my handshake with François lasted a little longer than necessary. He was being extra polite, even though I am just a PA according to the information he had.

But I didn't point out much. I know Nathan needs the breakthrough and François was offering that to him quite easily. I didn't mind the suspicious vibe too. It's not like I will have deal with him much.

But I what did mind is that François invited Nathan and me for a friendly drink to a club this evening at the end of the meeting to celebrate the union.

I had no intention of going. But my conscience wouldn't let me, let Nathan go alone, out of courtesy. So I agreed.

I am so tired, that I can just fall on any mattress and pass out. I can pass out right now even in this car. While driving to the club from our hotel. But I won't.

I get too anxious while in a car. I don't like it. I makes me near claustrophobic. I avoid it at all cost. I get in cars only when I know that I have no other option, and endure it with fisted hands and gritted teeths.

Another problem is I know I can fall asleep . I know that Nathan wouldn't mind if I fell asleep. Of course he wouldn't pass up the chance to show me how much of a caring boyfriend he could be, if I allowed him. Like, he is already trying to make my first trip with him very comfortable, be it business related.