40. A Day Out

Hardin

" Tess" I simply call her because her silence right now is worrying me.

Why is she silent?

"Tesss!!" I call again because she hasn't answered me.

I am starting to think I made a terrible mistake by bringing Theresa to my garage. Because something is definitely wrong and I have no idea what.

From the moment we stepped in and I switched the lights on she hasn't spoken a word. She hasn't moved. She hasn't even blinked I reckon...

She is just standing, staring out blankly…

I turn towards her with my entire body failing to stick to patience, and I notice she looks pale even.

Isn't she feeling ok? Is the first thing that crosses my mind after my mind runs a few miles in a short span.

Could be. Last few days have been so hectic with how she helped mum with the renovations. I know for sure she must have been knackered.

Then yesterday, our eventful day at the office must have exhausted her more.

Over that her eating habits are insane. They drive me wild at that. She completely forgot yesterday that she must be hungry. I force fed her practically when her stomach's call gave her away.

When I recap a little more I realise how she passed into deep slumber the moment we hit the bed last night. All her previous demands of getting intimate again running out the window the moment her golden lock touched the pillow. That's how knackered she was. She didn't move until morning while I tried hard to keep her warm in my arms.

Did she not get enough rest?

I immediately grab her by the shoulder and turn her to face me. Her vision jumps to meet mine, and they are still wide.. "Are you ok?" I ask with all the panic starting to arise in my chest because it is her well being in question. And I don't like that being tampered. At all.

"All?!! " She chokes out.

"What?" I blurt in confusion.

She gulps. Her face regaining the colour slowly, as she is staring at me." All of this is yours? She lifts her hands and poking her index finger out her swirls it in an attempt to cover the entire garage. Her eyes blinking, her eyebrows up in her forehead..

It looks amusing. But I am not amused, rather worried still as I feel she might not be okay.

" Yeah Theresa. All are mine…  But why do you look like you are about to faint…  Tell me you, feeling ok?"

She simply flaps away my hands on her arm… " No, I am hallucinating… Hardin just tell me you don't personally own this whole fleet…  Tell me there aren't more than twenty vehicles in your own garage… Or may be it's a shop you own.. " She rambles at superfast speed….

It takes me a moment, but I realise she has paled not because she is not well but because she cannot believe I own over sixty vehicles in total.

Yeah, Sixty and more maybe because I didn't count after around fifty..

At her reaction though, I chuckle..

I don't blame myself for not realising it sooner. I don't blame myself for not briefing her a little before about one of my favourite places. Because I don't ever just flaunt my babies to anybody. So I have zero idea of peoples reaction.

My exclusive family is allowed here and a few of my trusted people like Aurther, Luke Jason…

I bite on my lip to suppress the little smile that threatens to leave my mouth because I am torn.